Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lancia Integrale Evo

coullstar

So alongside the 911 the Delta Integrale has always been that car that Ive lusted after since I was a young boy watching them in the RAC Rally.

Many times Ive been close but not bought (how I regret that now) and Ive started thinking about is it time to finally plan on how to get one.

However Ive never been in one let alone driven one so has anyone got any ownership experience that they could offer. I could ask on Lancia forums pages but their obviously going to be biased.
I fear its maybe a case of don't meet your hero or do they live up to the hype?

I cant afford one at current prices but I like to plan as If I could :lol: .

Did you see the episode of Car SOS which covered the restoration of this car? Well worth a watch, sadly the owner died before it was completed .

OP - I am on the same page and have almost pulled the trigger on several occasions, but, in the end, the Evo price tag proved to difficult to swallow.

The Evo, the one to have, typically starts at circa £40, you can get alot of car for £40k and at 40 you know its going to need work, which I am not adverse to, but it needs to be budgeted for, shall we say 10, thats putting you into air cooled or 997.1 Turbo territory.

My thinking then shifted to a 16V Turbo Intergrale that can be had for 15-20, spend 10, making 25-30, which is more palatable, if of course you find 30k for a LHD 90's hatch palatable, I am still thinking :dont know:

Not been in an Evo but I was heavily involved in sourcing my flatmate a clean 16v'er about 14 years ago. It was a fabulous car, really was. Great to drive. Great noise. Great to look at. The interior. The feel of the thing. Lovely - absolutely lovely.

However, the one he bought was about the tenth we looked at and the search took us all over the country. It was extremely difficult to find a good one even back then - I hate to think what it would be like now. Rot, electrical issues, oil leaks, smoking engines and turbos, all commonplace.

Buy one so you can cross it off the bucket list...life is too short :thumb:

I have owned 2 8 valves,an 8v Kat and 2 Evo's.
They are one of the greatest cars ever made and far more robust than people think, particularly the evo that has a very strong shell.
Rust around the front and rear screens and big ends being knocked out because of low oil level are things to watch for.

A spectacular drive with enormous amounts of grunt and a steering and chassis that is the equivalent of anything I have ever driven.

They are enormously thirsty and you can do a set of tyres in 1500 miles if driven correctly.

Integrale

I've had my 8v since 1988.Will still blitz most cars on B roads. Used it for sprints,shopping,family hols in France with kiddy seats.Still my fav car.all electrics still work.Original car just as good as the evo I think and a real sleeper. Much rarer now. Mike.

That was my one from 12 years ago, mine was a U.K. spec Evo1, epic car, great to drive, sounded amazing and was guaranteed to pull a crowd wherever you parked it. Make sure that you get it inspected as they rust, and then rust some more! Think Aircooled Porsche and then some!

RNTj5Ex.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back