Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne a/c total replacement.

deMort

I have the dubious pleasure of replaceing every component for the a/c on an early Cayenne next week .

If anyone wants pictures of specific items bearing in mind ill have the dashboard out , heater box out , compressor , condensor and all pipes then please let me know.

I doubt ill be doing another of these due to the cost and i was thinking pictures of dash out might be interesting so let me know .

Why? Is there a fault that can't be found without entire replacement

Compressor blew up .. contaminated the entire system with metal .. we have been down the flush route once before .. its doesnt work very well and you cant flush the evaporator .

:thumb:

Nightmare job..Makes you wonder whether its worth fixing on an early car

Its not cheap .. but the customer wants a/c on his pride and joy .. downside is the coolant pipes have also just gone .. so not cheap is an understatement .

Anyways .. we can rebuild her :D

Couple of pictures of what a Cayenne looks like with the dash out ...

Right click and view image for a larger picture .

Attachments

• dash_3_521.jpg
    dash_3_521.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 2,833
  • dash_2_112.jpg
    dash_2_112.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 2,833
  • dash_1_149.jpg
    dash_1_149.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 2,833
I hope you took a lot of pictures :eek: The labour costs must be a killer, but I'd probably do the same if the car is basically sound then why not, its cheaper than a new one, or a same age one that you've got to start again from scratch.

Pictures were for reference but to be honest i didnt really need them other than for the wiring routeing when i put it back together after a few days .. it might look like a hell of a job but its not .. its average diy to be honest .. its just a lot of bits .

Use a different tub for the screws after each section .. ie dash then metal frame and you cant go wrong .

Anyways , pictures are for the Cayenne owners to see whats hideing under the dash :D

Its funny how things are all relative. I look at those pics and cack my pants. But if people could see what I've done to my house, they'd probably do the same, and I chuckle to myself at people's reaction. You say DIY for the above....i say jog on. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back