Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Struggling with plenum to manifold collars

CarreraMonkey

Hey folks. Finally got the alternator back in, but now struggling with the rubber collars that connect the plenum to the manifolds.

The engine will fire but not tickover and I'm pretty certain its down to the rubber collars and their stupid jubilee clips not sealing.

Is there a technique or knack to getting them on flush and square? I've tried twice now and still can't get the dam thing sealed so it ticks over... :nooo:

All advice welcomed!

Yeah - hard to explain but have you read the method in the 101 projects book? It's online.

alex yates said:
Yeah - hard to explain but have you read the method in the 101 projects book? It's online.

No. What am I looking for Alex?

As per the image you push the rubber sleeves as far onto the inlet mainifold as possible then push in the throttle houseing and slide the sleeves over it .

Its a little bit fiddly .

Attachments

• mainifold_175.jpg
    mainifold_175.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 1,733
Hi guys. I've managed that part ok. The concern that i have is making sure that the collars are sitting flush all the way around as the manifolds are oval and its hard to make sure they are positioned properly at the front side, which you cant see.

On top of that the jubilee clips never seem to want to sit nicely in the guide channels. They just seeme to always move around and I'm sure thats causing the leaks.

Just sounds like I have to persevere with it.

As above. It's a case of moving both rubber sleeves as far out as possible then working each side on (to the plenum) at a time, clamping the internal clip, then the other side, then the outer ones. It's all a bit left right left right whilst each position is done.

If you don't have the tb connected to the plenum you can put your hand through it to feel that all is in the right place before tightening up the clips. I found it easier this way and then just mount the tb after

Thanks all! I followed alex's method. Slid the collars back over the manifolds, then fitted to the plenum on either side first. Then to the manifolds. I suspect that one / both wasn't flush at the back and therefore not sealing.

All good now!! :thumb:

:thumbs:

Glad its all sort mate :thumb:

Thefinn said:
If you don't have the tb connected to the plenum you can put your hand through it to feel that all is in the right place before tightening up the clips. I found it easier this way and then just mount the tb after

Excellent tip :thumb: ..

Ive done this before and may i just say when we get to Gen 2 owners doing this then this is the only way to do it :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back