Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm question PA1000

993tt

I found out that when the alarm is triggered the siren does not go off (just the alarm horn). I have the key and tried it in both positions. To test the unit I disconnected the battery and the the siren went off in its deafening manner so I am confused.
Any ideas from the 911uk.com knowledge base?

The sirens on these do pack up. You can get new ones from HP I think. Someone else had this happen about a year ago if I remember correctly.

Well further investigation has shown that if I trigger the alarm by arming it whilst sitting in the car and moving about once the ultrasonic do-dads are armed the siren goes of, as it did when I disconnected the battery.

Therefore I still think the siren is fine

I will go and do some more tests when I get a chance.

Thanks for giving it some thought though.

As I understand it*, the PA1000 is a supplemental alarm/immobiliser specifically for the UK market, with ultrasonic sensors and a battery-backed siren.

It is additional to the standard "built-in" alarm, which is armed/disarmed with the central locking, and sounds its own separate horn when triggered.

Sitting in the car and waving your arms about will trigger the PA1000 (siren), but not the standard alarm (horn).

Opening a door will trigger the standard alarm, but not necessarily the PA1000 - ultrasonic sensors usually have minute or so settling delay after arming, before they become active.

*Happy to be corrected - neither of my cars retained their PA1000...

Well that would explain the behaviour and I would be quite happy to accept it.

Could someone do me a huge favour, open the window of their 993 (equipped with a PA1000) arm the alarm and then when the door LEDs are flashing but before the ultrasonics are armed (about 35 seconds later) open the door with the interior handle and let me know what happens. If it just honks I'll know that 'they all do that" and can stop thinking about it.

The instruction manual for the PA1000 implies that if entrance is tried through either door, hood or engine cover the siren will sound, I don't care as long as mine is working as it should.

Thanks everyone for your help.

You know what you really want is a brand new modern alarm...

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back