Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Different silencers left/right

Scully

Hi all

I've potentially got to remove my left hand silencer for a warranty claim.

The question is - I've still got my original PSE boxes, which aren't blowing. As the fault is only on one side, is it a problem just putting back the left hand original box leaving the new box on the rhs? Are there any issues running different design boxes on each side? I can imagine that they run different back pressures etc. Wouldnt want to make more problems than I'm solving.

Cheers

Dave

Can't see that as an issue if they are both the same design box just one new and one old

It'll be fine apart from difference in noise and appearance.

asterix_the_gaul said:
Can't see that as an issue if they are both the same design box just one new and one old

Thanks for that - they're not the same design - one would be an aftermarket valved exhaust and the other an original Porsche PSE box.

As you and Alex have said - I can't see that it would be a problem - just very keen not to upset my currently (touching wood!) reliable engine. And it would only be temporary, whilst I sort out the warranty issue.

Cheers

Dave

With regards to uneven back pressure, would only be the same svenario as one of them blowing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back