Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Bolt help needed!!

Richtw

Help!!

Does anyone know the longest bolt length that can be fitted to a 997 gen2 without interfering with the hub? In short had my wheels refurbed, got them back fitted the tequipment 5mm spacer kit and now chasing down a vibration!! Need to remove the spacers but don't have the original bolts to hand so ideally need to fit the 50mm tequipment ones!!

Anyone?

Richtw said:
Help!!

Does anyone know the longest bolt length that can be fitted to a 997 gen2 without interfering with the hub? In short had my wheels refurbed, got them back fitted the tequipment 5mm spacer kit and now chasing down a vibration!! Need to remove the spacers but don't have the original bolts to hand so ideally need to fit the 50mm tequipment ones!!

Anyone?

Oem bolts protrude more than 5mm through the hub flange so you dont need long bolts. I would get wheels balanced again

Try removing the spacer: unless you have the nice flanged ones, then you may never be able to properly centre the rim and you will have endless wheel wobble.

MaxA said:
Try removing the spacer: unless you have the nice flanged ones, then you may never be able to properly centre the rim and you will have endless wheel wobble.

5mm spacers dont even cover the existing hub flange so you can seat the wheel the same as without them

Well got my original wheel bolts back and removed the 5mm tequipment spacers! Vibration is now gone! Now for me the puzzling bit is would you expect to have more 'feel' in the steering with spacers - i.e road buzz or the same or less?

I am not sure if it is all in my head and I am suffering from Porsche paranoia!! Either way the spacers are off and the car feels like normal!!

Ive had 5mm spacers on for 4 years, no problems

Richtw said:
Well got my original wheel bolts back and removed the 5mm tequipment spacers! Vibration is now gone! Now for me the puzzling bit is would you expect to have more 'feel' in the steering with spacers - i.e road buzz or the same or less?

I am not sure if it is all in my head and I am suffering from Porsche paranoia!! Either way the spacers are off and the car feels like normal!!

I couldn't get my wheels centred with 7mm shims (I tried to install them three different times), but proper 12mm TPI spacers worked very well, and did improve (in my view) the steering feel with the wider track.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back