Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More powerful and high tech 992 due in 2019

IMI A said:
Is that a rendering or the actual car? Looks very nice. Lots of GT2 in that front bumper and coke bottle in the design with those wide hips.

Autocars own rendering on thier website...

996ttalot said:
Porsche need to try harder - we just finished 991.2 Carrera with exhaust and tune and went from 370ps to 500ps -
20ps is a joke

Hi Ken,

What are you getting out of remapped 991.1 2 turbo s?

Stock 60-130mph is 7.5 secs. 100-150mph is also 7.5 secs. Thats pretty quick out of the box!

I like the look of it & want one :thumbs:

IMI A said:
996ttalot said:
Porsche need to try harder - we just finished 991.2 Carrera with exhaust and tune and went from 370ps to 500ps -
20ps is a joke

Hi Ken,

What are you getting out of remapped 991.1 2 turbo s?

Stock 60-130mph is 7.5 secs. 100-150mph is also 7.5 secs. Thats pretty quick out of the box!
will let you know - one arriving from Scotland next week for exhaust and tuning

Just blasting through the countryside in the last of the true 911's (997.2 lol) every time I drive it it's an experience, the size, the way it rides, and particularly the steering.
I doubt I'd feel the same way about the latest incarnation. Growing in size is progress 993 v 997, but there's a limit that's been passed :dont know:
I don't get the purpose of making a sports car bigger, what's the point?

Yep, I agree with what others have said..

Sharing the platform/parts bin can only dilute the essence of what makes us all love Porsche.

It just doesn't seem right that your new 911 may have similar underpinnings to an A4 or Golf?

I'm afraid the Porsche brand is now awash in a sea of VAG.

I had this epiphany earlier today when on the M6. In the distance, I spotted the "signature" Carrera 4 LED single brake/rear light across the back of what I thought was a new C4S. I speeded up to catch up and get a glimpse and found it to be a bloody Audi A7??

Disappointed.com

Looks like VAG are going to try and align brands in the same way that Ford did with Aston Martin; when they planted an Aston gape grill on the Fiesta and Mondeo. :bandit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back