Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wiper replacement....

Osh

Paul Ricard
'afternoon geezers

so my wipers are a bit on the tired side and i'm thinking of replacing them; what's the current thinking on best replacements, how much do they cost and where is best to buy them from...??

Ta guys

Osh

I have used PIAA for many years and are the best wipers I have used.

The wipers come with a sachet of cloth impregnated with a silicone substance (similar to Rain - X I guess) which you wipe on the windscreen as preparation. The blades contain a silicone substance which maintains the condition of the windscreen. They are also the longest lasting wipers I have had. I guess a combination of only having to use them in really heavy rain and a partially lubricated windscreen surface.

Can't recommend them enough.

I used to get them from Camskill, but bought my last pair from there about 5 years ago. You can get them as replacement rubbers, full blades with or without aeros!!

'afternoon all

Just wanted to follow this up with some fresh info that might be of interest to you all

So I followed the Willmac996/PIAA thread and tried to contact Camskill through their website as I couldn't see where they were selling wiper blades on their website. Didn't get a reply from a web enquiry so ended up ringing them. Sadly they no longer sell PIAA blades or anything other than tyres. So that route closed out.

I ended up submitting a enquiry through the PIAA website and got the following reply from Ross at TDC Automotive:
Good afternoon Mike,

Your email has been passed to us by PIAA UK, we are one of their suppliers.

Unfortunately we are unable offer complete wipers for the 996, these cars require a curved wiper blade to sweep the screen correctly. PIAA discontinued these a number of years ago. If the original wiper frames are in good condition we can offer PIAA silicone refills to replace the original rubber insert. These are £14.79 each inclusive of VAT.

Kind regards,
Ross.

Ross Anderton
TDC Automotive Ltd
Tel +44 (0)1935 829671

So looks like we're screwed for PIAA stuff going forward. So looks like Bosch are the way to go...

Hope that helps

Osh
[/b]

I was looking for the best wiper blades and tried PIAA, for me they didn't live up to the claims, found them to spear & judder - I'm back with Bosch.

I've got the PIAA ones, they clear the screen very well - but the left hand wiper is not curved at the end and therefore the tip doesn't wipe the screen at the far edge, which is annoying.

Functionally however they're fine.

Just bought the same set from ECP, with discount code they were £19

Fastlane said:
After spending time looking into this, I decided that I had better things to do with my life and money and so bought Bosch 582S (S for spoiler) blade set before Xmas and fits perfectly, as that was what was on it already. Available from many places including CarParts4Less for around £25:

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4...cZiM-91XYTRk8yFY9uF89WFGAmKq5P9hoCZcgQAvD_BwE

or via Ebay for £20:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/3912178170...9061007&device=c&campaignid=1057753394&crdt=0

Can anyone confirm which one of the links relates to the curved blades. I have a 22" Bosch set for my other car but when I went to do the swap noticed the replacement was not curved.

What on the model reference denotes they are curved?

Pip

Bosch for me, they clear the screen when it needs it without smearing, what more do you want from them? At £21 for a set of 3 from CP4L in one of their sales it was a bargain (running a 996 doesn't have to be expensive all the time!)

On a related note when i get around to washing my car every 1.5 months I like to give the windows a quick blast of silicon spray, when it rains and you're going over 50mph sometimes you don't need wipers at all as the rain just runs off.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back