Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CLR Fuchs wheels for sale - SOLD.

EGTE

Sao Paulo
Now SOLD, thanks. ****************

Carrera Lightweight Racing's very first forged Fuchs-style wheels for his 996 project - for sale. Fit narrow-body 996s, 986, 987 and 997s, too.

IMG_4276_zps3mm5jask.jpg

Bespoke motorsport wheels by CLR. Being forged T-6061 aerospace grade aluminium, these wheels are mega-light and mega-tough, too. Richard commissioned them to give the maximum possible track width and lightest possible unsprung mass, for the best possible ride, handling and stance.

More details and pictures here: http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=106137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=440

The increased-width fronts and decreased-width rears make for fantastic turn-in and reduced push understeer. The weight savings are huge; the rears are 4 Kgs per corner lighter than the lightest cast OEM wheels (that's like having PCCBs on). The ride quality is noticeably improved, too.

I painted the centres black, as I think it suits my car, but they could easily be returned to the classic Fuchs-style look that they came with (I could do that, if you tell me what colour).

CGBzsLm.jpg

You can see how well they fill out the arches here:

COsyRLR.jpg

I have them wearing "Braid" caps at the minute, but they will take 65-68mm caps in any style.

2HZIJCF.jpg

Tyres are 225/24 ZR 17 Michelin PS4s on the front and 255/40 ZR17 Michelin PS2s on the rear, barely-worn 6mm+ everywhere. The necessary longer wheel bolts for the front will come as part of the package. Wheels are unmarked.

These wheels cost well over £700 each new, plus the tyres are about £700. They are bespoke, part of the CLR history and the very best quality you can get. Price is £1800 ONO.

Please PM me if interested. Cheers.

Sold.

EGTE said:

Thanks Russell!

Real pleasure to speak to you today and buy the CLR wheels.
I One happy 996 Owner 😎🏁

All the best
Tony

Cracking set of wheels, light too from what Richard's told me !! Congratulations on their sale :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back