Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Word of warning... 'Modern Classic Car Co' ROGUE TRADER

LOJO said:
Great idea - I am feeling in the mood - I will apply!!

Done - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Thanks for the suggestion.

+1 - although I suspect they may not be too bothered to feature "rich folks' cars" (if you can afford a Porsche you can afford to be ripped off).

But it would certainly be very satisfying and fitting if he could be named, shamed and brought to book so publicly.

I agree - not exactly the BBC focus, is it? Well, let's see.....

Many years ago they did at least investigate HWM as part of a Watchdog investigation, but it never got further than show research.

I know this since I rang up the BBC Watchdog team at the time to validate the request, since it was a lazy researcher asking for content by posting on all the car forums rather than 'researching'.

Since that date I've had the HWM angry lawyers onto me a few times to take that content off the site and even got one of their BBC mates to harass me at one point.

Back on topic, we need to keep this news about Stephen Boag from Modern Classic Car Company in the eye of Porsche owners who might be taken in by the pretty pictures. If anyone else has been scammed by this con man, we're here to provide support and advise.

LOJO said:
This guy is bad. He has sold under several different names over the last 5 years - these are the ones I am aware of - BUCHANAN MOTOR COMPANY LTD Company number SC360692 - THE THROTTLE SHOP LTD - Company number SC440722 - CLEARDAZE LIMITED - Company number SC499102 - http://www.themodernclassiccarco.com/ - now through "Performance and Historic Classics".

Not keen on his own reputation, or developing repeat business, is he?

He sold me a totally rotten car with a dodgy MOT (which I reported) and I took judgement against him but the Sheriffs have been unable to collect because he owns no traceable assets and hides his stock. Loads of complaints, check the internet. Apparently he is not registered as a dealer so Trading Standards can't help.

I work in financial services, where we are up to our ears in regulation.

It seems odd that the motor trade, which will serve people's largest single purchase, is devoid of regulation of any sort.

To me, companies should be forced to prominently display the track record of directors or shareholders as multiple trading names, winding up etc shouts dodginess.

As a new member I thought I would share my latest experience of 'The modern classic car co" or West Coast Classic Car Services Ltd
Restoration, inspections, brokerage, detailing, storage.
01360-850198
I have just taken delivery from them of a 2001 996 advertised on PistonHeads and invoiced as a C4 paid a negotiated deal price of £17500.
Turns up as promised and dealt with a Stephen Lockheart who kept me well informed of all info.
Straps on the transporter had marked all the alloys to the point of going through the powder coating , pcm backlighting is not working , 1 locking wheel nut fitted with no key, aircon is blowing warm. No book pack and 1 days mot.
A good start but nothing that can't be resolved, the best is yet to come!
Texts and emails exchanged and I'm on my way to mot, drives fine but not massively different to my old C2. Passes mot , I have a look and the engine is leaking from the rocker covers and there's a weep from the rear main oil seal area. Accepting it's passed and appears to be ok I'm happy with my C4 until alarm bells ring and something's niggling me.
It's got black brake calipers and a spare wheel fitted and nowhere is it documented as a C4! Yep after a call to clarify at Silverstone Porsche it's a C2!!!
After a exchange of texts , emails and unanswered calls my last email was sent telling in his words
'His understanding and mine was it was 4wd, if its 2 wd then you have won a watch as
the 2 is more desirable than the 4, I have no idea who suggests otherwise? If I had known it was a 2 it would have been dearer."
I have rejected the car and started legal proceedings and strongly advise anyone considering dealing with this company to think again.

As a new member I thought I would share my latest experience of 'The modern classic car co" or West Coast Classic Car Services Ltd
Restoration, inspections, brokerage, detailing, storage.
01360-850198
I have just taken delivery from them of a 2001 996 advertised on PistonHeads and invoiced as a C4 paid a negotiated deal price of £17500.
Turns up as promised and dealt with a Stephen Lockheart who kept me well informed of all info.
Straps on the transporter had marked all the alloys to the point of going through the powder coating , pcm backlighting is not working , 1 locking wheel nut fitted with no key, aircon is blowing warm. No book pack and 1 days mot.
A good start but nothing that can't be resolved, the best is yet to come!
Texts and emails exchanged and I'm on my way to mot, drives fine but not massively different to my old C2. Passes mot , I have a look and the engine is leaking from the rocker covers and there's a weep from the rear main oil seal area. Accepting it's passed and appears to be ok I'm happy with my C4 until alarm bells ring and something's niggling me.
It's got black brake calipers and a spare wheel fitted and nowhere is it documented as a C4! Yep after a call to clarify at Silverstone Porsche it's a C2!!!
After a exchange of texts , emails and unanswered calls my last email was sent telling in his words
'His understanding and mine was it was 4wd, if its 2 wd then you have won a watch as
the 2 is more desirable than the 4, I have no idea who suggests otherwise? If I had known it was a 2 it would have been dearer."
I have rejected the car and started legal proceedings and strongly advise anyone considering dealing with this company to think again.

Theonestopshootingshop said:

I am lost for words...but yet, people still buy from this guy :dont know:

Forget the :judge:

Only 1 way to deal with people like this
baseballbat.gif

:thumb:

If in doubt....stay away

As FZP says.

You might want to read this thread from the very beginning but a very basic check shows the same photos being used by both adverts and the contact telephone area code as being the same...................

Steer well clear of this outfit.

ebay warning for this scammers

this is their 'current' ebay account using another one of Mark Heron alias's

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/modernclassiccarco/m.html

eBay Member User ID History
The list below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

User ID: Effective Date to End Date
modernclassiccarco: 17-Jun-16 to Present
performance-classic-historic: 19-Jan-14 to 17-Jun-16
strathclydesuite: 28-Aug-12 to 19-Jan-14
s********e: 28-Aug-12 to 28-Aug-12

with the following business details

Business name: Performance & Historic
Address: Sylvester Heron
Carbeth House
killearn
Killearn
Glasgow (City of)
G63 9QB
United Kingdom
Phone: 07713862081
Email: [email protected]

The ad says its got the carbon pack, I dont know much about 996 carbon but to me it looks like hydrodipped carbon dip as the weave goes in different directions and not clear to me if its C4 or a C2 :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back