Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk discount at Top Gear exhaust, Bridport for GROUP BUY

Martin thats a great review mate and good to hear from someone thats actually done mild sport boxes and 200cell cats. you do find yourself turning the music down so you can listen to the exhaust note it is very adictive :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Martin brilliant review and thanks very much, that was exactly what I was looking for. Are you using the standard exhaust manifold ?

Had the X-pipe fitted yesterday, my setup currently is therefore:

3.4 engine
Standard manifolds
200 cell x-pipe
Cargraphic silencers

The quality of the x-pipe is very good, Precision remarked on the welding, the fitting kit and gaskets were examined and filed straight in the bin however- Nyloc nuts which would not cope with the heat, oversized spring washers and cheap gaskets that would rust. I'd have preferred to have had no fitting kit, rather than this one.

With that said, now everything is fitted it is an utterly fantastic sound - slightly more mechanical at idle and lower revs but once past 4,000 rpm it's incredible, addictive, impossible to stop revving the car out to the redline whenever possible.

It also makes fantastic, angry barks as you heel and toe.

Very definitely one of the better things I've done to the car in terms of sheer enjoyment.

Dammit said:
Had the X-pipe fitted yesterday, my setup currently is therefore:

3.4 engine
Standard manifolds
200 cell x-pipe
Cargraphic silencers

The quality of the x-pipe is very good, Precision remarked on the welding, the fitting kit and gaskets were examined and filed straight in the bin however- Nyloc nuts which would not cope with the heat, oversized spring washers and cheap gaskets that would rust. I'd have preferred to have had no fitting kit, rather than this one.

With that said, now everything is fitted it is an utterly fantastic sound - slightly more mechanical at idle and lower revs but once past 4,000 rpm it's incredible, addictive, impossible to stop revving the car out to the redline whenever possible.

It also makes fantastic, angry barks as you heel and toe.

Very definitely one of the better things I've done to the car in terms of sheer enjoyment.

Good to hear you like the sound and quality of the TG mate as I know from your posts you are ultra observant and have high stds for your car. I will be interested to hear Alex's thoughts on the fitting kit and what you found. The reason I will be interested is to find out if they have changed supplier or components in the past couple of years, as when mine was fitted 5 years ago when I went back after 3.5 yrs to have a slight rework under warranty all the components came off very easily and looked in decent condition , so it will be interesting to have his input on it. :thumb: :thumb:

Due to work commitments I still havent had a chance to get my 996TT switchable exhaust fitted yet.. in fact, one box is still sat unopened on the garage floor..
Maybe next month.. i cant wait to hear them on the car

At least the car passed its MOT yesterday..

lethallegend72 said:
Due to work commitments I still havent had a chance to get my 996TT switchable exhaust fitted yet.. .

Want to fit it on mine :grin:

:thumb:

Any news when there might be more stock of the valved exhaust?
Tried emailing and calling Top Gear but not had a reply.

rdodger said:
Any news when there might be more stock of the valved exhaust?
Tried emailing and calling Top Gear but not had a reply.

See topgear posts in this thead these are from Alex he is a Director at Topgear firstly he will not be happy that you have not recieved their normal very high level of service and I am sure will deal with that internally but most important he will get you the info on restock items . Try sending him a PM on here and /or call Topgear and ask to speak to Alex they will conect you directly to him if he's not away at a trade show etc. Hes a nice guy and very approachable so he wont mind if you contact him directly. :thumb: :thumb:

rdodger said:
Thanks Phil

I tried that a few days ago. I will call again.

I have dropped Alex a email on your behalf just incase he's away and not seeing the forum posts :thumb: :thumb:

Hi Drew
I'm using the stock manifolds but when time allows (for drilling out the rusted manifold bolts) I'll be procuring and fitting some cheapo Chinese manifolds.

Phil 997 said:
rdodger said:
Thanks Phil

I have dropped Alex a email on your behalf just incase he's away and not seeing the forum posts :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks again Phil

I have spoken with Alex. He expects to have stock again early July.

rdodger said:
Phil 997 said:
rdodger said:
Thanks Phil

Thanks again Phil

I have spoken with Alex. He expects to have stock again early July.

Good glad he got in touch mate , early July thats not to bad only a few weeks away. :thumb:

Exactly. It will give me time to convince myself to order the X pipes too!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back