Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just bought my first Porsche

James M-S said:
There's a TIPEC group in Peterborough, not that close. Google TIPEC and PCGB to find local meets.

Nic runs that group, very active :thumbs:

1st Sunday of the month at Colmworth is a good meet :D

If you go then give me a shout, also do regular weekly meets too :thumb:

If you have a Facebook account I can really recommend joining the Porsche 996 Carrera Owners Group. Currently nearly 4000 members from all over the world and a font of knowledge about this specific model and no abuse is allowed so we won't even ask about your snack preferences ;-)

Nipper620 said:
After a number of months searching the classifieds I've finally taken the plunge.

:thumbs:

I fondly remember being where you are now - 'can't believe it's been 9 years. You do realise there's no going back. :D

Bought my first one 30 years ago almost to the day. Still going strong. Yopurs is lovely.

Rikki
Ps - number plate plinth removal job no 1. Let me know when u get to a 1000 mods and you can celebrate with me!

HSC911 said:
:welcome:

What you had before :dont know:

Where are you based :dont know:

What is your inside leg measurement :dont know:

And what is your favourite corn snack :grin:

:thumb:

:floor: :floor: :floor: that corn snack thread is going to haunt the forum forever :grin: :grin: but I still like bugels with a scoop of cream cheese :thumb:

peterg1955 said:
If you have a Facebook account I can really recommend joining the Porsche 996 Carrera Owners Group. Currently nearly 4000 members from all over the world and a font of knowledge about this specific model and no abuse is allowed so we won't even ask about your snack preferences ;-)

:floor: :floor: :worship: :grin:

astonboy said:
Bought my first one 30 years ago almost to the day. Still going strong. Yopurs is lovely.

Rikki
Ps - number plate plinth removal job no 1. Let me know when u get to a 1000 mods and you can celebrate with me!

yes come on both of you we need more active posting members doing mods, I am running out of things to read or discuss :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
astonboy said:

Rikki

yes come on both of you we need more active posting members doing mods, I am running out of things to read or discuss :grin: :grin: :thumb:

What have you bought for your 996 this week is a good place to start!

Hi Nipper and welcome, car should look good with blue soft top, remember pics and enjoy the car :thumb:

My other half enjoying a bit of top down motoring, her dad owned many Porsche's over the years.

Attachments

• 32ffccc0_b686_412c_a4e7_4625adf22b4f_171.jpeg
    32ffccc0_b686_412c_a4e7_4625adf22b4f_171.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,292
Phil 997 said:
:floor: :floor: :floor: that corn snack thread is going to haunt the forum forever :grin: :grin: but I still like bugels with a scoop of cream cheese :thumb:

:grin:

Still not tried these Bugels yet :?

:thumb:

Misses away on cruise and pub doesnt open for half an hour so here goes from bottom up (so to speak):

New michelin sports
Fusch wheels repainted body colour
Split rim wheel centres (repainted to match theme)
Spacers to stance it right (modest jobbies mind)
Ohlins
New mounts
Titanoium bolts where ever we could get them
Powerflex bushes
Larger brake discs
Harder pads
R600 brake fluid

Induction kit
Forge motorsport intercoolers
Silicone hoses
Complete high flow exhaust with custom made tips welded on
Rolling road and remap
Some gizmo that displays date on double din unit
Grill meshes
Front and rear strut braces

Ducktail
Canards (possibly as we're not quite happy with balance?)
Rear wiper delete
Something with front lights

CAE Ultra shifter

Cage
Cf buckets
Harnesses
Cup steering wheel repainted and recovered in gray alcantara. Porsche logo painted in theme colour.
Double Din
relocated air con controls
Tru blu detector
Dial coloured theme rings and one dial coloured in theme cover
Rear vented perspex windows

And an epic stereo build that would take the page up so I shant bother. All done to look standard mind - not speakers on rear shelf jobbie.

And thats what I can remember!

good luck and look fwd to seeing that beauty come to reflect your vision.

Had a good run this weekend covered around 350 miles without incidents, a couple of niggles have come to light, first the heater fan sometimes make a whining noise, the rear bumper heat shield rattles like mad when pulling away and the current radio is rubbish.

Going to buy an Apple play double din system but will need to move the A/C unit to the lower position, any tips on how to sort the rattle and fan noise most welcome.

Hi Nipper
Congrats on the new car :thumb:

I fit my own new hood a couple of months ago. Nightmare of a job but the hood stood me at £410. Worth knowing when you're getting quotes.

oh, and welcome! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back