Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed Aweneness - self preservation

Do a search, some threads already posted.

I was robbed officer :pc: :cop:

1.jpg

wildej said:
Bikeracer1098 said:
Thinking of possibly buying these 2 units for self preservation

https://www.snoopers.co.uk/product/laserstar-pro-elite

http://www.targetblueye.co.uk

Anyone else have any experience of either of these devices?

Target blueye will be defunct when the emergency services stop using tetra later this year.
The services are moving onto a new 4G network.

Edit
Hasn't someone recently been charged perverting the cause of justice using a jammer ?

That's what I initially thought however read this on their Facebook page

BREAKING NEWS!
UK Airwave network to be extended for at least 5 years!
It already seemed very ambitious in 2015. By the end of 2019, a completely new network with new radio frequencies, equipment and radio masts should be operational. The entire tactical communication network of the Emergency Services would be transferred from Airwave to 4 and 5G network.
It has now become clear that the existing Airwave network is many times more reliable than 4- or 5G when it comes to tactical communication. So there are already voices within the British government to completely dispose of the 4 and 5G project and to continue using Airwave. It appears that the operating costs of Airwave, at the time one of the main reasons for moving to a new network, are even considerably lower than the costs of the new network.
For a minimum of 5 years, all our existing and future users and all emergency services are assured of the contribution we make with Blu Eye to greater safety in traffic.
No Blu Eye yet? Now is the time! Check our website www.blu-eye.eu or contact http://www.fourcaraudio.co.uk/
Read the complete article here: https://www-theregister-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/.../home_of.../

HSC911 said:
I was robbed officer :pc: :cop:

1.jpg

They only pursuid him as he was regularly making genstures at them :judge:

Isn't the fine cheaper, how fast do you plan on going :)

Senoj said:

The fines are now around 150% of weekly salary.

So in comparisment the above 2 items represent extremely good value.

Bikeracer1098 said:
Senoj said:

The fines are now around 150% of weekly salary.

So in comparisment the above 2 items represent extremely good value.

The fine of 150% of weekly salary applies to more serious speeding offences if one is driving like a cretin.

The fines are still £100 and three penalty points for basic speeding offences.

Be interested in the views of the snooper as its marketed at a laser guided parking sensor, whats the position on this and has anyone been procecuted using one. if not it seems a reasonable value for money purchase.

the blu eve they would have difficulty proving anything as it picks up all tetra so any emergancy vehicle so you could easily argue that you had one for the purpose they advertise but at nearly 1k its expensive and no one it quite sure yet on when or if they will become defunct.

We all like to have a bit of fun on the road where appropriate. Trying to mitigate it with gadgets wont look great in front of the local beak regardless of wether its technically perveting the course of justice or not.
Now i know from personal experience that these type of fines are indeed means tested so im not sure how great a value these things will look in that context.
What are folks trying to achieve here. You want to avoid getting nicked unfairly? When is it unfair exactly? Its an odds game, over time it will even out.

Even a dashcam is potentially a self incriminating device...

Have an appropriate blast by all means as we all like to do but bin the gadgets and just keep your wits about youwould be my take on it.

Senoj said:
We all like to have a bit of fun on the road where appropriate. Trying to mitigate it with gadgets wont look great in front of the local beak regardless of wether its technically perveting the course of justice or not.
Now i know from personal experience that these type of fines are indeed means tested so im not sure how great a value these things will look in that context.
What are folks trying to achieve here. You want to avoid getting nicked unfairly? When is it unfair exactly? Its an odds game, over time it will even out.

Have an appropriate blast by all means as we all like to do but bin the gadgets and just keep your wits about youwould be my take on it.

Spot on! :thumbs:
And I'm speaking from experience as I owned a Yamaha R6 and had 3 points.I went out one day and without knowing I accrued enough points in that one trip to get a six month ban for totting up! :wack:

Senoj said:

+1

Senoj said:

Maybee so, however if there was an unmarked Police car behind you or you overtook one while having a bit of fun etc, you could easily find yourself in front of the Magistrates Court/Crown Court being given a castodial sentence.

So easily done.

Umfirtunately sometimes we don't realise the implications of our actions until it's too late.

Phil 997 said:
Be interested in the views of the snooper as its marketed at a laser guided parking sensor, whats the position on this and has anyone been procecuted using one. if not it seems a reasonable value for money purchase.

the blu eve they would have difficulty proving anything as it picks up all tetra so any emergancy vehicle so you could easily argue that you had one for the purpose they advertise but at nearly 1k its expensive and no one it quite sure yet on when or if they will become defunct.

Phil

Very difficult for the Police to pursue an action against anyone using a front Parking Sensors unless it is blatently abused and repeated on a regular basis like the guy above in the Range Rover. However can't be too careful.

https://northyorkshire.police.uk/news/laser-jammer-prison/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/28058...lice-cameras-so-he-could-speed-with-impunity/

From what I've read the Target Blue Eye is totally legal as it does not interfere with radio frequencies. Instead it mearly identifies radio frequeancies used by the emergency services. It is now also available for £699. However most retailers still sell them for £899

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back