Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 GTS Tyre choices

Trumper112 said:
Thanks for all your comments. Michelin's to be fitted this Thursday.
How are the new Michelins going?

From my OPC 'The tyres are Porsche fitment so good for warranty yes, they are N0 rated'. My direct question was 'Are they ok for warranty on my 991.1"

Have asked OPC to improve the price before I give them the go ahead to order for fitting next month. They said availability is circa 3 days, but suppliers can differ between OPCs I think.

DRZ911 said:
Trumper112 said:
Thanks for all your comments. Michelin's to be fitted this Thursday.
How are the new Michelins going?

Not really enough miles yet but overriding initial impression is of much tighter turn in. Road trip to Monaco in a week and a half so will get a much better feel for them after that!

Trumper, how are your Michelin's working out? Did they cope ok with the rain around Monaco?

Mine are being fitted tomorrow. Compared them side by side with MPS2 today. Less tread slits on the outer of the PS4 than the PS2 and the rubber is tachier if that makes sense. Db rating is 1db higher on the PS4 and wet rating B vs A on the PS2. Should be perfect for my use.

New boots

Got the Michelin's fitted to my 4S about a month ago, and I have to say they do make a noticeable difference to the handling. I notice more feel in the steering and better reaction to camber changes in the road (albeit admittedly rebalancing and more tread my help too!)

Re: New boots

acamp76144 said:
Got the Michelin's fitted to my 4S about a month ago, and I have to say they do make a noticeable difference to the handling. I notice more feel in the steering and better reaction to camber changes in the road (albeit admittedly rebalancing and more tread my help too!)
Andrew, like you, have found the PS4S tyres to be excellent over the past month or so in both rain and shine. :D

Only very minor criticism is that there is a tiny bit of steering wheel shimmy at almost all speeds, maybe as a result of the better feedback from the road surface.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back