Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

From Carrera to C4S

Flozzer

Hi All,
Well I asked for thoughts on the 996 C4S v 997 C4S about a month or so ago and have now made my decision and have traded up from my 1998 Carrera to a 2003 C4S.
The new car has 57000 on the clock and is in lovely condition.
It sits fantastic, as it has been lowered with H&R springs and has the bigger tyre option.
It sounds awesome with Dansk boxes fitted !

The overall look of the 996 C4S imho is Porsche at its best

(Pictures not the best as I had to take a photo of a photo)

Attachments

• 2d11efc2_1909_424b_89fa_bbd8f73059ca_682.jpeg
    2d11efc2_1909_424b_89fa_bbd8f73059ca_682.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,017
  • ad378b5e_3478_40f0_8ea8_d7dcd4d742bc_234.jpeg
    ad378b5e_3478_40f0_8ea8_d7dcd4d742bc_234.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,017
Looks lovely, also agree with "Porsche at its best", then I am biased :thumb:

HSC911 said:
Flozzer said:

:yeah:

:yeah:+1
But, then again, i'm biased, too... :grin:

Osh

Is that the one from a Porsche dealer in Glasgow? If so, looked at lovely car going by the pictures online. The interior did it for me. Actually considered it myself haha. Make sure you drive the wheel off it! How do you find the c4s compared to a c2?

Lewis

Lovely car, by far the best looking 911 rear ever made. I had one and it was the best combination of manageable power, intoxicating PSE noise and handling. I had a 981 since which was too clinical and I've now got 997.1 TT which, although is much faster and handles exceptionally better, the rear is not as nice as the 996 C4S and does not sound as good by far. It was funny, I was just telling my other half that we should sell to buy another 996 C4S but the retort ended the conversation swiftly. Enjoy your new car, you have made an excellent choice and will enjoy it for years to come.

Yes, it was the car from Stephen just the other side of Glasgow, he gave me a fair price for my car in part ex and then I made my plans for the 900 mile round trip. I live in Felixstowe in Suffolk
:eek:
I enjoyed the trip up, especially when I got just past Leeds, as the traffic and drivers just seemed to change and it was just a pleasure to be driving. I headed across the Pennines, lovely scenery, and up to scotch corner. I had planned to stay in a b&b about half hour short of my final destination and then head over to Stephen's place first thing in the morning.
Stephen then met me in the little village and I followed him to where he has the cars. The car was as he had described and I wasn't disappointed, he also didn't mess around and start looking for reasons to knock the price down on my car that I was exchanging.
Needless to say, the drive back was fantastic and the C4S drove really well and looks an absolute picture ! :D

Congratulations. When I was looking for a 911 a few years ago I test drove many 996 C2's and a couple of 997 C2's. Drove 1 C4S and bought it after the essential checks were carried out. 3 years on and I am still enjoying driving it every day. Just had a considerable amount of mechanical work carried out on it and it drives as good as new now!

Enjoy your C4S.

What a wise decision Flozzer, looks simply lovely !!

Flozzer said:
Yes, it was the car from Stephen just the other side of Glasgow, he gave me a fair price for my car in part ex and then I made my plans for the 900 mile round trip. I live in Felixstowe in Suffolk
:eek:
I enjoyed the trip up, especially when I got just past Leeds, as the traffic and drivers just seemed to change and it was just a pleasure to be driving. I headed across the Pennines, lovely scenery, and up to scotch corner. I had planned to stay in a b&b about half hour short of my final destination and then head over to Stephen's place first thing in the morning.
Stephen then met me in the little village and I followed him to where he has the cars. The car was as he had described and I wasn't disappointed, he also didn't mess around and start looking for reasons to knock the price down on my car that I was exchanging.
Needless to say, the drive back was fantastic and the C4S drove really well and looks an absolute picture ! :D

Congrats on a great purchase.

Stephen, the keyboard warrior! Is he a powerfully built adonis of a man?

Flozzer said:
Hi All,
Well I asked for thoughts on the 996 C4S v 997 C4S about a month or so ago and have now made my decision and have traded up from my 1998 Carrera to a 2003 C4S.
The new car has 57000 on the clock and is in lovely condition.
It sits fantastic, as it has been lowered with H&R springs and has the bigger tyre option.
It sounds awesome with Dansk boxes fitted !

(Pictures not the best as I had to take a photo of a photo)

Flozzer- Cracking car, I was up at the Modern Classic Car Co a few months ago the day this car came in, I
was collecting a Black C4S from them and was not expecting another one to be there, it threw me a kind of curve ball.
The interor was not everyones taste but it was in beautiful condition, all sorted with new rubber and tastefully lowered.
I bought a Black one as I say and have not looked back. I watch the stuff they list, they
must spend days on cars detailing them, I almost felt guilty taking the car on the road.
I was treated very fairly with Stephen too, I read a few negative reports and I also read very good ones, I followed
a few of them up before I went up to commit. People need to understand that you need to put yourself in front of these
cars if looking to seriously buy.
Anyway, well done. I take it that is your C2 they have on the site? The one with a Purple tint to it. unusual colour.
I have been watching the Grey C4S they have as a friend of mine may be looking. Did you get a look at it? Cannot
understand why its not sold given the market for good C4S cars is so strong.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back