Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My day at TopGear (Bridport)

The sheer amount of stainless tubing, silencers and various bits and pieces on their site is pretty amazing... They have more steel than Sheffield in there!!

To answer someone else's question about them being cheap compared to the others - the build quality is much better than the originals, the brackets are more solid, the metal a thicker gauge.
They aren't built cheaply.
As Phil mentioned, other makes go through many hops to get the consumer, each with their own markup and each one has the added P-Tax too!

The U-clamps are stainless too though? So I don't understand that comment.

I'm up for another group buy, missed out on the stock for the last one.

Halcyon said:
Phil 997 said:
Great review Rob, They are a good bunch there and a very professional set up.
Did Steve tell you he used to have a 997.turbo before he got the beast of a Nissan with half the worlds supply of carbon on it. or has that now been changed lol.
more importantly did you see the legs :floor: :floor: ooops no more importantly what do you think of the sound as you went for the mild sports boxes. :thumb: :thumb:

ps I am not going to say a thing about Luke polishing your tip :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Hi Phil, yes, Steve mentioned his Nismo GT-R and the previous 911 :) He now has an M3!
No legs on show :(

At tickover and urban speeds, it's quiet - certainly quieter than it was when it was blowing! but when you toe it, it's deeper and more throaty than OEM, but not much louder - which is what I wanted
:thumb:

Haha!!! I didn't even think about the obvious tip polishing euphemism! :floor:

Interesting write up, many thanks. Did you notice any performance improvements?

Cheers!

SpennyUK71 said:
Interesting write up, many thanks. Did you notice any performance improvements?

Cheers!

Nothing noticeable, but I've not had enough time to fully compare., besides, that wasn't really a consideration when I bought them.
I only had the silencers replaced, if you did the whole lot (manifolds, free-flow cats, sports boxes, x-pipes) then I expect the benefits would be significant :thumb:

I had the 63 mm 200 cel sports cats and mild sport boxes fitted 6 months ago, 2002 C4S, the car now has a nice rumble at low revs, and howl at high revs. it runs much more smoothly at low throttle openings and feels more responsive too. It is not as race car raspy as the OE system with a 1.5" gundo hack was, but I really like it's new personality, and don't want more noise.
I have not done the manifolds or the intake, but an intake may be the next mod, but I'd remap following that addition.
I am happy to recommend Top Gear as I am really happy with the product and their delivery service. Many of us 996 owners are facing the dreaded exhaust rot problem, and it can be a concern as to which way to go with a replacement. :thumb: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back