Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OMP steering wheel or retrim?

TonyC911 said:
Hi RXP,

For me personally, the original stock wheel felt a little too thin and weedy. So I had Jack recover mine and make it very slightly thicker, whilst maintaining a fairly stock look. I am still really pleased with the outcome of the look and feel! I also had the handbrake cover and gear knob done at the same time, to keep it all looking consistent. Jack did a great job.

Looks pure class that. I have the exact same wheel.

RXP. said:
Phil 997 said:
Chris sorry remiss of me must have been tired :floor: :floor: PIC of my X97 Knob :grin: :grin: :thumb: retrimmed from black leather to alcantara.
Knobs are often overlooked but a nice Knob is important :grin: :grin:

Very impressive knob. Which version is that?

:grin: :grin: :thumb: X97 knob mate, mad money to buy new ,I paid about £400 second hand but never fitted it had been in a display case. I already had the X97 hand break

The x97 kit knob and handbreak is just under £1100 from D911 :eek: :eek:

What's the cost of retrimming a 997 wheel in alcantara ? Cheers

Phil 997 said:
RXP. said:
Phil 997 said:
Chris sorry remiss of me must have been tired :floor: :floor: PIC of my X97 Knob :grin: :grin: :thumb: retrimmed from black leather to alcantara.
Knobs are often overlooked but a nice Knob is important :grin: :grin:

Very impressive knob. Which version is that?

:grin: :grin: :thumb: X97 knob mate, mad money to buy new ,I paid about £400 second hand but never fitted it had been in a display case. I already had the X97 hand break

The x97 kit knob and handbreak is just under £1100 from D911 :eek: :eek:

jeez louise.

looks lovely though.

Great thanks ! Very reasonable - just mailed them - hope they can get over to swindon 👍

I think on balance here a wheel with no air bag will not bode well for me seeing as I do not have a cage or harness. So if involved in an accident could be potentially more dangerous?

All as mentioned above re the Insurance and what about the mot
?

Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back