Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel economy is terrible!

I've been taking the 997.2 to Europe for about five years and get 30 mpg and average 52-54 mph. Only varies by about 1 mpg regardless. C4S lower than C2S.

Sounds like quite a drop on the 991.

Can't reconcile this with my experience over 3 years of ownership. I found the 991.1 surprisingly frugal.

My 997.2 C4 is consistent at 23mpg fast or slow driving doesn't seem to make much difference, I always run Shell Vmax or BP Super, not too bad I think.

Don't know if you guys are using the on-board read out to verify your MPG but my experience with an Audi was that the trip computer was 10% optimistic compared to actual testing filling to brim etc (No surprise there I guess ). Might be worth checking it manually. :D :D

I'd check the fuel consumption manually.

Leaving aside driving style and the auto/sport/sportplus/manual malarkey, let's just say that I find quite a difference between 'winter' (low ambients, lowish speeds, gentle acceleration), 'summer' (higher ambients, higher speeds, more aircon) and Dubai (extreme ambient, very high speeds quite a lot of the time*, cheap/crap fuel, aircon on max). In Dubai I might get 400km/60l tank of super. Here, rather more...

* and I've got the tickets to prove it.

Enough!
We've got 180+mph naturally aspirated sports cars and we're debating the fuel economy! :floor: :floor: :floor:
Given that I think whatever the fuel economy is we're doing well :D

My 991.2 averages out at 18mpg over 7000 miles. Given my driving style is "vigorous" I'm ok with it.

Best i had was 28 on a 55 mile run.

I enjoy trying to keep it under 15mpg on the 6 mile commute to work :D
Think i just realised why my rear tyres only last 4500 miles.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back