Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Petrol price's not as high as suggested.

easternjets said:
With all the talk in the media about petrol prices going up and up it's interesting to see that Crude Oil prices are lower now than they were a month ago. In fact they're at the same price now as they were in mid April.
I know they will argue that it takes time to filter through to the pumps but it's all the media hype that's annoying, especially when it's not actually a fact.

Gosh, yes I too really wish the media would get their facts right.

easternjets said:
Government contracts seem to be the Golden Ticket to untold wealth, I knew someone who was involved in the 2 aircraft carriers that are being built and apparently the penalty clauses in the contract meant that if the Government cancelled the order they would pay more than the cost of building the vessels, how can you lose with odds like that!

Umm, I think you'd be right if that was the only penalty clause but I have my doubts that it was. And actually a penalty clause on the client like that makes sense when a company will have spent money on mobilisation etc (depending on the payment schedule of course). If such a clause was fact I have a suspicion that your 'someone' will have rather over simplified it for maximum shock value.

As you say, facts are important.

spongebob squarepants said:
Sorry chums, im currently sat right on top of the super giant Rumaila oil field and I feel its our duty to consume as much of this stuff as possible. :thumb:
Porsches are pareticulary good at this.

Hoorah for high oil prices and long may they remain :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Long may the oil giants keep profiting and passing some of that wealth to the security companies that support them :bye:

Keep up the good work sponge. Dangerous hard work that keeps the planet turning (think the tree hungers will repond on that point). Oh and it's a major element of the working publics pension funds but everyone forgets it.

It's our responsibility to burn as much of what's left as quickly as we can before someone wastes it making electricity to charge thier Prius :thumb: #9mpgRocks !

spongebob squarepants said:
easternjets said:
Rumaila Oil field, seem to remember going there many years ago, is that near to Kuwait?

Don't worry, you keep ensuring a steady flow and we'll keep buying it!

Yes agree with you Phil, they seem to be obsessed with HS 2, you can guarantee one thing and that is whatever the quoted price is now it will be double that by the time they build it, if it ever gets built.
Government contracts seem to be the Golden Ticket to untold wealth, I knew someone who was involved in the 2 aircraft carriers that are being built and apparently the penalty clauses in the contract meant that if the Government cancelled the order they would pay more than the cost of building the vessels, how can you lose with odds like that!

Yep right on the border :thumb: So close Kuwait positioned their drills slightly on the p*ss and started to extract the Iraqi oil (leading to the invasion of Kuwait in 1990)

That's the reason Directional Drilling was 'invented' so that Oil prospectors could drill into competitors claims, clever stuff!

The contract to build the carriers was initially said to be costing us £3.65 billion, now the carriers are nearly finished the total cost is £6.2 billion, it makes a mockery of putting things out to tender as one company can undercut everyone else and then double the price as the contract progress's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back