Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Orientation Lights

A2B

I am two months into ownership of my 997.1 3.6 C2. Having had some time with the car now I have found that the orientation light/led behind the rearview mirror does not work and he ones in the door release handles are on but very dim. I owned a 996 a few years ago and remember the door ones being brighter. Is there any way firstly to test why the middle one isn't on and why the door ones may be so dim?
Thanks

I can adjust the brightness via PCM on my car , it probably varies from model to model though so check your manual , it can be done as I remember changing the brightness on a gen1 c2 I used to own I just can't remember how I did it.

Are they not dimmed by the dash controller?
From memory that's on the right hand knurled knob at the bottom of the cluster.

Thanks for your suggestions.
The PCM has no facility for this and the dimmer although works well for the dash lights doesn't make any difference to the handle led's.
For the mirror downlighter if I can disasemble it was wondering if there was perhaps a way to test the voltage at the led?
Fumbling in the dark for ideas unfortunately!

Literally in the dark!

There are plenty of instructions to disassemble the mirror housing & roof lights.
Sometimes for homelink fitting.

Be interested to see how you get on. GL.

After a bit of dismantling and fiddling it appears the LED is not working as there is about 7v at the terminal. A new mirror mount including the led is £105. Can anyone recommend a breaker who specializes in Porche to try and get hold of a used one?
Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back