Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery Drain When Parked

Steve997

Spa-Francorchamps
Looking for some advice.

Some times I have to Park my car up outside for extended periods (2 to 3 weeks) without any use.

A trickle charger is NOT an option and I don't want to come back to a flat battery.

Would disconnecting the battery have any negative effects as obviously disconnecting would perserve battery life.

Thanks for any help offered?

Should be fine if you have a decent battery. I use Bosch S5 with no problems.

Steve997, your like me! There are times for a period of a few weeks I done get to drive my car as I have a company car to abuse and not only that when I get back from work late as normal I don't relish the idea of going back out to drive. So the 997 is a weekend car unless summer and me taking holidays. What I do is I disconnect the battery when not using, the good side of it is the battery always starts the car, the downside of it my Alpine stereo resets but that don't bother me as a few mins it takes I tap in the settings.

Just disconnect battery when not using, been doing it for two years and no problem!

J

I've been doing this for a while as I have a drain on my battery and will go flat after ~2 weeks. It's annoying, as I can leave the BMW 1 Series for a month at a time and it'll still start up straight away.. !

What happens if someone shuts the bonnet with the battery disconnected?

Is there a manual cable bonnet release?

Nope. But there is a pull-out terminal in the fusebox that you attach positive jump lead to, negative to anywhere suitable, and then you can operate bonnet release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back