Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ollys 997.2 C2S

Love the car, those wheels look great :thumb:

Plenty on here interested in hearing about mods, it;s what make the forum interesting for me as well as the help and knowledge when needed.

Need to know why went wrong with the motor?????

Great looking car with some nice mods.
Shame about the engine going pop - I thought that was reserved for gen 1 only.

+1 on the engine issue, like everyone else I'm interested in the details of the root cause. I too preferred the Ruger Mesh wheels 👍

Lovely, I prefer the original colour though, wheels are epic !
What are you doing with your original seats ?

Really enjoyed reading the progress of this. So sorry to hear about the engine issue. please do update on what happened.

Re the gt3 front bumper I bought a rep which didnt pan out very well. I have however managed to cut a deal with Porsche and OEM package.

Details of which will follow soon.

Keep the pics coming bud love the E88's

well executed mods. good job.

Just a query on the seats, do the current seats have side airbags? if not, how did you get rid of the airbag warning light?

Good to finally see this car on this forum now. MINI+997 FTW.

We'd all still want to learn about the catastrophic engine failure though. :dont know:

From what Hartech have said, there was major internal failure. It could have been rebuilt, but the money wasn't a million miles away from a full new motor with a 2 year Porsche warranty. My head told me to go that route.

It's my pride and joy and wouldn't do anything unless it was done properly. The new engine feels great and I'm more than happy knowing it's brand new and under warranty with Porsche. 750 miles done so far, just looking forward to hitting 1000 so I can get it back to Hartech for a check over, oil change, and then start to open it up a little bit more.

Nice work! Its good to see a bit of tasteful modding to a 997.

I've been considering a set of those seats for ages but haven't pulled the trigger yet, too worried they might be uncomfortable and make it difficult getting access into the rear with the fixed backs.

Jamie_c said:
Nice work! Its good to see a bit of tasteful modding to a 997.

I've been considering a set of those seats for ages but haven't pulled the trigger yet, too worried they might be uncomfortable and make it difficult getting access into the rear with the fixed backs.

I see you're in Leeds, not too far away. You're more than welcome to try them if you're passing Teesside.

With them all the way forward on the runners it is a seriously tight squeeze to get in the back. I've taken my rear seats out anyway but was curious to see if it's possible. I'd say realistically not, unless the seat was mounted to the runners slightly further forward so that in it's forwardmost position, it may be possible for kids to squeeze behind.

OllyW said:
From what Hartech have said, there was major internal failure. It could have been rebuilt, but the money wasn't a million miles away from a full new motor with a 2 year Porsche warranty. My head told me to go that route.

It's my pride and joy and wouldn't do anything unless it was done properly. The new engine feels great and I'm more than happy knowing it's brand new and under warranty with Porsche. 750 miles done so far, just looking forward to hitting 1000 so I can get it back to Hartech for a check over, oil change, and then start to open it up a little bit more.

Conrod, cylinder crack, valves, cam chain, oil starvation? or just a catashtropic engine failure :dont know:

Nice to know you have a new engine though, and if the cost implication was negligiable then nice to have the engine warrantied from Porsche, how's that work with not having a OPC warranty on a modified car?

Like others I prefered the other wheels, but also like the BBS, would love to run mine lower but with the crappy roads and speed bumps around here not really doable.

Seats look awesome too :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
you guys removing your rear seats , did you know there is a rear seatbelt delete kit available ,to tidy up the holes the belts go through

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/997RS
D.html

To be honest the holes are so insignificant that I don't mind them whatsoever. No one will be sitting in the back to see them :thumb:

Any parts bought from Porsche have a two year warranty. Nothing to do with the extended warranty you buy.

The engine probably suffered bore scoring.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back