Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Riv blue targa gts.

G2

Is this the perfect spec for a 991 targa then? Saw some lovely targa cars at beaulieu so stupidly went on autotrader this am. Think this would make the perfect euro touring car for me.

Attachments

• da3ed506_6f6e_4eb5_9a9a_04ae1a6318c1_170.jpeg
    da3ed506_6f6e_4eb5_9a9a_04ae1a6318c1_170.jpeg
    463.4 KB · Views: 6,076
Saw some lovely cars there too...that's a beauty :worship:

:thumb:

Love that car. 10/10. I agree a trip through Europe in that would be difficult to top.

Having now done 2 euro trips in our targa, I can confirm it is very good for that sort of thing. So good in fact I think we're going again later in the year.
Get one bought and enjoy!

I think if you want "perfect spec" that would be 991.2 for a Targa. Think the torque of the .2's Turbo engine helps deal with the extra weight of the Targa.

But yes lovely car!

nlm13 said:
Having now done 2 euro trips in our targa, I can confirm it is very good for that sort of thing. So good in fact I think we're going again later in the year.

Welcome to the forum. Any pics of your car?

G2 said:
Is this the perfect spec for a 991 targa then? Saw some lovely targa cars at beaulieu so stupidly went on autotrader this am. Think this would make the perfect euro touring car for me.

Nice Graham ! You won't have any trouble shifting your old blue one,
But let me know if I can help :lol:

askgeez said:
G2 said:

Nice Graham ! You won't have any trouble shifting your old blue one,
But let me know if I can help :lol:

Cheers matey I posted it hoping someone would take temptation away and they did. No idea who :dont know:

Rivera Blue does look good

not sure how you would cope with only 430bhp

G2 said:
nlm13 said:

Welcome to the forum. Any pics of your car?

Tried to upload some pics, but as I took them all on my iphone they seem to want to upload upside down!

Took mine on an Alpine tour last year in the company of nine Lotus Elises / Exiges and was very concerned that I would be left behind, particularly on the narrow passes.

The T4S.2 + Chrono performed well above expectations once I had the guts to put her in Sports Plus...and then of course I had all the creature comforts that Porsche has to offer. Mine is a manual, so the blip on down shift was sublime and once you understand how to keep the turbo's spooled up in a hairpin, your exit speed on 4WD can be blisteringly fast...no embarrassment there in the company I had.

Yup there is wind noise when the roof is down....but no where near what you get in an open top Lotus or indeed some up-market rag tops that I have driven....some people talk about buffeting but it really didn't bother me...certainly not like the buffeting you get in a normal saloon car with one window slightly open.

I just love the flexibility of the car... a great cruiser and then when you want more, she has it spade loads....

Definitely going back with the Mrs so I can enjoy the stunning scenery...I spent the whole of the trip last year with my eyes firmly fixed on the black stuff!!

Love the colour of yours and the hoop in silver...just perfect!

Lasrblueexige said:
Took mine on an Alpine tour last year in the company of nine Lotus Elises / Exiges and was very concerned that I would be left behind, particularly on the narrow passes.

The T4S.2 + Chrono performed well above expectations once I had the guts to put her in Sports Plus...and then of course I had all the creature comforts that Porsche has to offer. Mine is a manual, so the blip on down shift was sublime and once you understand how to keep the turbo's spooled up in a hairpin, your exit speed on 4WD can be blisteringly fast...no embarrassment there in the company I had.

Yup there is wind noise when the roof is down....but no where near what you get in an open top Lotus or indeed some up-market rag tops that I have driven....some people talk about buffeting but it really didn't bother me...certainly not like the buffeting you get in a normal saloon car with one window slightly open.

I just love the flexibility of the car... a great cruiser and then when you want more, she has it spade loads....

Definitely going back with the Mrs so I can enjoy the stunning scenery...I spent the whole of the trip last year with my eyes firmly fixed on the black stuff!!

Love the colour of yours and the hoop in silver...just perfect!

Hi, Lasrblueexige
im planning an Germany, Alpine road trip for this year, would be great to hear about your recommendations/experiences to help with planning. could you share, happy if you want to pm me
stefan

Lovely car. I think that may be my mates old one. I'll check.

One of the few newish models that actually appeal to me. 8)

That is very very nice. Cant be many of this in that colour.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back