Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Project Blue Book

Truly a work of art, great stuff.

Inspirational.

Thank you very much gentlemen :flowers:

Cracking job as always. Glad to see you cracking on.

Cheers,

Tim. :worship:

lovely work there chief :thumb:

Wow - just caught up on this thread. Unbelievable. What a Masterwork!

You are all too kind. I'm just in my garage bashin tin :oops:

I should be able to get a wriggle on now all the suspension has been measured up and welded in place. It will make a nice change to get back to sanding paint off :grin:

Fantastic work. Can't wait to see it.

MC

It will be a while me thinks Martin :oops:

More grueling dirty work to day...

Heatgun and more seam sealer to scrape off!

However I did manage to put a little back on at last!

Managed to get some primer on the rear floor inside and out...

It helps kid myself that there is real progress. However it does keep that bare metal sorted, especially with the wet weather of late.

I then moved onto wire brush on drill action to remove the last of that ugly seam sealer.
I them movered to the engine bay to start cleaning. There is some welding to be done here, so cleaning up everything first is good practice.

You can see here I have started to cut out the skirt metal under the battery tray. I shall drop a piece in here tomorrow.

Back ache has now stopped play, so i've called it a day.
See you all tomorrow. Don't eat too many Easter Eggs!
Chief

Okay, so more missing images care of Postimage. If anyone can give me an idea how I fix this I would appreciate it!
So a few pictures of progress...

So I started cutting out the panel that divides the engine. i.e the cold top side and bottom hot side. These are available for Restoration Design.

So this is it removed and as you can see i'm starting to get the old paint off.

After a lot of tin bashing I managed to get the panel to fit very tight.

The opposite side has faired much better. Again just cleaning off paint.

I then moved onto the firewall.

A tedious task, but will make paint later soooooo much easier!
And finally cleaning up the suspension console. 50 years young and still looking great!!!!

So don't forget to let me know how to fix the postimage links if you can, PLEASE?
All the best,
Chief

Hi Treiber Chief,

Absolutely outstanding, hats off to you bud. Really enjoyed catching up here. I hate to say it but Porsche wouldn't have made it as good as that!

Best regards to the Mrs. Passagier, can she remember what you look like? :grin:

Best!
Paul

:grin: Thanks Paul....

Latest sightings of Project Blue Book are as follows......dot.....dur......dot.dot...
A rumour has surfaced that suggests that Chief is actually putting some paint on the damn thing :eek:

He is apparently breaking the engine bay into two halves to make sure the finish is right. Using Epoxy (not poxy) primer! This is a safer product to use if you need to use filler anywhere. And as the engine bay has had a lot of brackets removed and an awful lot of new tin welded in it's a safe bet it would be needed. He is trying to get the engine bay as nice as the outer body.

The following spy shots sent in my an anonymous follower seem to show the de-construction then re-construction of some sort of outer body component.

This apparent bracing bar has been cunningly cut off then invisibaly welded back into place by some futuristic process that cannot be determined.....

This panel appears to be painted with acid etch primer (darker colour) this works better on bare metal....

Where all these parts fit is anyone's guess. We're just reporting the facts here folks. Our advise is stay in your homes and draw the curtains!

Paint! You must be an artist old bean!

Yup, definitely lots of artistry going on here :worship:

Cheers,
Paul

Absolutely love it. Great work.

MC

Thank you chaps.
Just thought I would have a bit of fun with the last posting :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members