Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Living with my 718 GTS

krishcanag

So it's been a couple of months and now with 700 miles on the clock had a few go's at letting it out.

We all know it's a great looker and interior.

So, the engine sound, it has a good and bad side.
In normal mode it's ok you don't here much of anything like any car. Put it into sport mode and if you drive it clamly, the sound is more tractor than sports car but only at low revs. Open her out over 4000 rpm onwards no issue sounds great.

The performance is exceptional, the power never stops. Maybe more so than the TTRS.

700 miles in 2 months? I've done more miles on my pushbike :D

I heard one go past the other day, I like the noise they make actually. Have you seen the 9e development car's progress? Have a look at TTalot's post.

Only 700 miles, Rob? Pull your finger out!

Pictures might be nice, OP.

Congratulations on your 718 GTS; I purchased a 2018 718 Cayman S in August of 2017 and absolutely love the car. The low end torque is absolutely amazing compared to the 981s. I have been putting about 1000 miles a month and that's even with it being my third car. It is absolutely addictive......
I personally love the sound but I know there are varied opinions. Did you do any modifications to date?

I'm in a bit of a quandary whether to go 981 GTS or 718GTS. Drove the latest GTs and was impressed me with the performance and if I wasn't coming from 997.1S with PSE I probably would have enjoyed the sound.

Personally I think it depends on two factors all else being equal (and assuming you don't need to buy new):

1 - you can get on with the sound of the 718

2 - Whether you prefer FI or NA power delivery

The other factor which without a crystal ball is difficult to predict is residual strength of the 981 v 718. From what I have seen 981s are pretty much rock solid, especially in manual which is must have for me. At the same time I can get into a 718 almost new for only 2-3k more. What'll be worth in three years compared to an NA car is questionable though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back