Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 gen 1 radio upgrade sound package plus.

andrewkite

H All,

I am swapping my pcm2.1 which does not have bose but does have the sound package plus so sill has a amp.

I thought I required a wiring harness to swap over, So I went to order one from Dynamic sounds who are well respected.

They advised that all i required was 2 x 12V+ from a ignition source. 1 for the radio and 1 for the amp. But he would not tell me how to power the amp.

So i have found a 12v ignition switched from the fuse box, and the radio will turn on and off fine.
I just need to power the amp which i am struggling with.

I have read loads of posts about this but can not find the answer, As most have bose which need the wiring harness.

TIA.

Andrew, If you cant overcome the issue ,you may have the same issue I had on my gen1 . Despite not have Bose it had been wired using fibre cables ,I only found this out in the middle of the fit :nooo: so I had to then buy a MOST optical interface then all was good . It seems some 997.1 non Bose cars were fitted with Fibre cables I guess they didnt envisage an issue at the factory with us fitting aftermarket head units 8/10 yrs down the line so used what was available . :thumb: hope that helps throw some light on your potential issue :thumb:

Thanks Phil.
Yes there is a fiber optic cable in the rear

So I presume this means the only way is to buy the bose wiring loom?

andrewkite said:
Thanks Phil.
Yes there is a fiber optic cable in the rear

So I presume this means the only way is to buy the bose wiring loom?

yes mate the MOST optical interface will sort it for you :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back