Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

986 engine cases vs 996 engine cases

I don't know the technical reason to your query but if you are looking for it as a replacement for your 996 case then I think more of an issue is whether all the 996 internals will fit?

If what you really want is a 996 3.4 case , have you tried ringing Steve at Douglas Valley to see if he has a 996 one, I've always found him very helpful on the phone.

Dammit,

I think......... don't know for sure, they are the same but with smaller bores - obviously!

The reason I say this, is because I understood you could use a 3.2 engine and replace the liners to 96mm or 100mm for instance and use the 3.4 components. The 3.2 crank is for example, the same part no. as the 3.4 crank.

I could be taking utter c**p of course, but thats what I have understood from trawling the interweb previously...

I'd be (well, not me personally, but you get the idea) machining the liners out and replacing them with 100mm bore Capricorn liners, so that's fine.

Key is that the cases are correct for the five chain engine (if there's any difference in case design between the three and the five).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back