Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Handbrake

Albionmuz said:
jev911uk said:
Albionmuz said:
The handbrake on my car needs a very firm tug to make the car hold on an incline. It has been like this since I bought the car. The Indie I bought it from advised me that they are prone to being like this. Do others have the same problem or can the handbrake be tightened up to hold easily?

How many clicks before it bites? Does it tweak to one side as you apply the handbrake if there is still a bit of movement in the car? It is probably worth doing a bit of an adjust / reset to get it working as it should, some good info here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-1989-1994-911/207593-howto-checking-and-adjusting-parking-brake.html

Not sure how many clicks, I'll check but it needs a really hefty pull (I am more Simpson than Samson) from my puny arms to get it to take the last click and hold.

Sounds like you might be out of the effective range of the handbrake lever - if you have to pull too much slack cable before the shoes engage you lose some of the advantage of the handbrake lever angles to apply the required force - might as well pull the cables with your teeth!

Simple to fix - good luck.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back