Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Side bolster

davidjf7

Imola
Chaps,

The side bolster on my driver's seat is worn/squashed (has always been like this - previous owner must have been on the larger side :grin: ).

Any suggestions/recommendations for getting it fixed?

:thumb:

Attachments

• img_4830_188.jpg
    img_4830_188.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 2,200
It has been suggested to me that a towel wetted with distilled water placed over the creases to dampen them then use some heat to shrink it back will help.... not done it myself but have been reliably given this info by a restorer....

As Rich says try that , if still not how you want it then someone like Linas at DesignLS will replace the leather section on the bolster in matching black :thumb:

Loads of advice /videos on YouTube, but its never the same as trying it yourself, let us know how it pans out, mine could do with some creases taking out also.
:roll:

A steam cleaner is superb at removing wrinkles and bagginess as well as the sheen from leather. One of my best recent cleaning gadgets.

Great advice, thanks guys

Will try the wet towel and heat trick at the weekend (don't have a steam cleaner) and will let you know how it goes

:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back