Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aircon delete,why!

bakerboy4s

Nurburgring
Found an hour to go for a bit of a hoon this afternoon, can't understand for the life of me why you would get rid of the ac, these cars get so hot inside!

I have a GP White car with a Grey interior and left in mid 20's sunshine it is surprisingly cool inside, whereas my daily driver is Black with Black Leather and is ridiculous in comparison... Air-Con is most definitely an option I was pleased to tick.

Colour is certainly a key factor when speccing with or without. ;)

C.

cableguy said:
I have a GP White car with a Grey interior and left in mid 20's sunshine it is surprisingly cool inside, whereas my daily driver is Black with Black Leather and is ridiculous in comparison... Air-Con is most definitely an option I was pleased to tick.

Colour is certainly a key factor when speccing with or without. ;)

C.

Incidentally this related to the origins of "white van man".

Back when people started using vans for delivery and transporting stuff, there was no aircon, and they would obviously be driving all day in the van. Vans have a massive metal surface area, a black van would be hell.

So they chose white vans as they would be cooler than any other colour at the time.

It has just stuck as the preferred colour for vans.

Too right Baker,

Silly thing to do, rip the aircon out.

Even my old GT3 Clubsport didn't have it. It had the only 2 options I'd spec from the factory, air con and colour coded centre console. That car did loads of track work with most of its owners and non saw fit to remove the air con.

GT3s without it hang around a little while for sale too.

Depends where you live :lol: . Mine hasn't worked since I got the car as the pump is knackered and the weekend was the first time Id have used it but that was only as the car had sat with all windows shut in the direct sunlight. That happens about 2-3 times a year where we are.

But I agree if I was buying a car its silly not to spec.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back