Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First Porsche Purchase

Brookside

Hey guys, thought I best do the usual newbie post.

I have had a nice bunch of cars in the past, picking a few favourites would be A45 Amg, GT86 & a Fiesta ST. All awesome cars but I was fed with the depreciation! Paying hundreds a month on cars which I realistically only drove 6000miles a year, started to really annoy me.

So thought I would get something a bit older, a bit more refined. And here it is, my 09 987.1 Cayman S! (Hopefully the photos attach aha)

I'm sure I will be coming along to some meets & events.

Cheers
Jack

:D

Attachments

• img_3362_125.jpg
    img_3362_125.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 6,452
  • img_3361_171.jpg
    img_3361_171.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 6,452
:welcome: to 911uk and to Porsche ownership. :thumb:

Your car is exactly what I wish my missus would swap her GT86 for.

Looking forward to hearing your views of how the two compare. My thoughts are that the Cayman is like a GT86 on steroids.

Welcome Jack

Nice looking motor, my guess is that it feels more plush & upmarket than your previous cars, even though they were brand new?

What's the spec?

I've often thought of selling the 993 & getting something more modern like a Cayman ( as a few on here have done with no regrets ), but not yet
:hand:

Enjoy

:welcome:

Nice car :thumb:

But....

...Jack :?:

...Brookside :?:

Surely not:

jimmy_jack.jpg

:sad:

T8 said:
Your car is exactly what I wish my missus would swap her GT86 for.

In short you think Caymans are for the ladies, yeah? :lol:

Welcome on board, Brookside. Great car, great forum, recently got me into a Cayman S 987.1 with all the drivers toys. Love it to pieces!

Welcome aboard!

Nice motor, i own a 08 Boxster 3.4 so I know you'll be enjoying your new motor. Does it have sports exhaust?

HSC911 said:
:welcome:

Nice car :thumb:

But....

...Jack :?:

...Brookside :?:

Surely not:

jimmy_jack.jpg

:sad:

Jin I think I can give you a hint as to Jack's screen name using your own evidence;

Thanks guys. It really is a great little car, handles really well. As for spec it's got PASM, 19" wheels, heated seats & parking sensors. Manual gear box of course.

As for Cayman vs GT86. 86 always felt unpowered, plasticky & generally unfinished. Looked the t*ts though!! The gears were always notchy and the damn car always wanted to go sideway (lost its novelty after a while). Cayman is much more planted with more power and I love how its all weighted. Nice heavy clutch & steering. Also the gears are silky smooth :)

Jin, Brookside was my nickname at school, always used it for forum names :)

Tom has been telling me for years to get a Porsche with the way I get through cars. I finally give in!

Well it's been over a year since I've posted.
Around 2 weeks into my Cayman ownership, I realised it was drinking oil. Long story short, 3 cylinders were scorn and piston rings on number 6 were about to give in. Dealership offered to pay towards a rebuild but I couldn't be without a car.
Gave the car back and had no idea what to buy. Ended up test driving a Golf R MK7. Knowing just how tuneable these cars are. I couldn't resist!

So after a year of owning the golf and spending lots of money taking it to stage 2, which is around 400bhp. I still had a Porsche itch.

A fantastic car come up and again I couldn't resist!
So here is my 987 S Sport Edition. Such a stunning car, with all the kit and is in a brilliant condition. Very rare too, with apparently only 6 green in the country (don't hold me to that).

Anyway it's first major outing is at Simply Porsche next weekend!!

Cheers

Attachments

• img_3987_746.jpg
    img_3987_746.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 4,376
  • img_3988_285.jpg
    img_3988_285.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 4,376
  • img_3989_141.jpg
    img_3989_141.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 4,376
  • img_3990_192.jpg
    img_3990_192.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 4,376
  • img_3991_188.jpg
    img_3991_188.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 4,376
Brookside said:
Anyway it's first major outing is at Simply Porsche next weekend!!

See you there Jack :friends:

Cayman looks more 911 then a 911 :? :grin:

Amazing colour too :mrgreen:

:thumb:

:welcome: back to THE brand. We'll get you into a 911 one day. :D

What a lovely colour ,looking forward to seeing it up close at simply . :grin: :thumb: I have a thing for green love it :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back