Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Horn beeps when I lock/unlock the car

NLW73

Albert Park
does anyone else's car do this?

it does not do it all the time. but annoying especially when leaving for work early!!

I checked the doors and frunk and rear cover and all shut

is it linked to the alarm maybe to let you know ifs been locked?

To quote RobertB "Centre armrest cubby lid microswitch?"
_________________"

no glove box as early 3.4
good shout on the centre arm rest as it does pop up at times. thanks

As mentioned, usual culprits are:

* Centre cubby armrest
* Glovebox
* and, especially, the stereo. If you've got an aftermarket head unit fitted I'd lay money that it's this.

Are there any online tutorials of how to repair the centre arm rest switch, I searched You Tube with no luck.

I was getting the double beep due to a failed switch in the door. My window also wasn't dropping and staying when pulling on the door handle so it was all connected to the same switch. Bought a good second hand one and an easy job.

The center consol cubby switch is just a micro switch .. you can unplug it if you want to disable it and bridge the wires .. its not even fitted to 997 as its kinda pointless but can often be the cause of a beep when unlocking the car .

My slight confusion is it beeps when Unlocking the car .. beep when locking indicates something is open when it shouldn't be ... it wont beep for that fault when opening.

Idealy you need a tester connected and look at the values for the locks.. boot .. bonnet etc etc .. wont take 5 mins to see which one is causeing the issue .

My guess is a door lock or a door key barrel switch fault ( door lock basically as the switch is in it ) which is not giving a signal either way hence beep on lock and unlock.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back