Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gotta love the 911!!

inchyra

Trainee
Hit something on the A11 last night that burst my front offside tyre. No drama despite travelling at "I'm going to stay ahead of that 991 C4S I just passed" sort of speed. Steering became a little less precise but really no problem. Can't think many cars would have handled it so well. RAC membership has paid for itself for this year (had to listen to lecture from recovery driver about lack of spare tyre on modern cars) but unfortunately can't get a tyre fitted till Friday so now stuck on East coast. Bloody windy.

Always nice to read a post about these cars saving us , So the incoming rain is your fault for being stuck close to a beach until Friday :grin: :grin:
I had a situation where a car pulled out of a side road infront of me so near that in 99% of cars I would have taken his side off and probably seriously injured him , the 911 just turned so sharply like it was on rails I went behind him , no idea how I didnt hit him ,I just saw his face look at me eyes wide as he braced for contact next I knew I was round him and removing my heart from my throat and continuing on my way. Thats when you get a whole new respect for these cars :thumb: :thumb:

Anyone ever needed to to an emergency stop?

I thought my neck was going to snap, brakes are unbelievable

My guess would be Bridgestone tyres.... the sidewall is extremely rigid to the point that they are the hardest tyres to change .. hate them with a passion as if theres ever a chance to damage a wheel when changeing tyres then its with them.

My guess has always been that in the event of a puncture they wouldn,t blowout though .

Nope . Pilot Super Sports. Big hole just at rim but tyre stayed on the rim - just like a run-flat - so I crawled to a junction and a safe spot to wait for help.

inchyra said:
Nope . Pilot Super Sports. Big hole just at rim but tyre stayed on the rim - just like a run-flat - so I crawled to a junction and a safe spot to wait for help.

Check the tyre properly, as this happened to me almost 4 years ago and soon after I bought my 997.1. After getting recovered to my usual tyre shop and whipping the wheel off, we discovered that the tyre edge was damaged whilst being previously fitted to the rim and the bandit had used glue to try and keep it together. Worst of all, the receipt for this tyre change was at an OPC! It was a PS2 tyre.

This is why I avoid stealers at all costs, unless absolutely necessary.

inchyra said:
Glad to hear someone isn't a member of the " Hard shoulder is a safe place to stop for any reason" club. My mind boggles as to how many people I see pulled up in the breakdown lane so they can do something like let the kid have a leak or some other bull. Is rather do exactly what you did and risk ruining a rim and drivr on to the next junction rather than take the chance on the hard shoulder. It seems to be people of a certain ethnicity who seem to be the worst offenders for it too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back