Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

To sell or not to sell?

Hooner said:
Not much point having it if ya don't drive it,i'd sooner drive a 996 rather than look at a 997 sat in a garage. :thumb:

Can't agree with you there but it's what makes us all fantastically different. I would rather step away from Porsche if it meant substituting the Turbo for a model less appealing to me.

An eighties hot hatch or sixties sports car would be an acceptable step change for the few miles I do.

Scholester said:
Hooner said:
Not much point having it if ya don't drive it,i'd sooner drive a 996 rather than look at a 997 sat in a garage. :thumb:

Can't agree with you there but it's what makes us all fantastically different. I would rather step away from Porsche if it meant substituting the Turbo for a model less appealing to me.

An eighties hot hatch or sixties sports car would be an acceptable step change for the few miles I do.

Owning a car at all for 400 miles a year seems pretty pointless tbh :dont know:

Sell the "investment property" its going to depreciate a lot more in the next 36 months than the car

The smart money has been ditching buy to let for 6-9 months already

"I have only covered 300-400 miles since buying the Turbo 2.5 years"

criminal.

You are doing the right thing Scholester by selling the car as you know you don't drive it enough, plus you have always told me that your real dream car is the ride on lawn mower at the golf club for your part time keep yourself busy job in early retirement.

If you still want a toy to play with why not pick up another mini or camper for now which is like you have said not going to be compared to the turbo, then in a few years you can always come back once you do sell the other property. If you do want a fix you can always ride shotgun in mine all be it not a turbo, you never know i might even put you on the Insurance if we ever don't let work get in the way and actually make one of the meets or weekend trips!

p.s. now i have seen your thread you know i am now going to bombard you with auto trader links for classic hatches and campers! :floor:

Continuing Thefinn's theme....a camper is a seriously fun alternative if you cant face having anything "like" the Turbo. Get a good one and they are always smile-inducing to drive and own (new or old)

I have had many Beetles and Campers over the years but don't currently have a desire to return to snail pace motoring
:grin:
Chances are that the house moves just ticks along and I stick a bit on the mortgage and all is well in [little-used] Turbo land again :thumbs:

Ended up just simply increasing the mortgage.

The Turbo moves to its nice new double garage at the end of the month and I am going treat it to a nice carcoon type bubble as a sorry for ever considering letting it go. :thumb:

Thefinn said:
Good choice :thumb:

I think you are right Finn. I was only really considering the option if I could have realised retail figures - which I didn't as the few enquiries I had were between £55-£57k. Granted, it was only advertised for a couple of weeks but I didn't need to sell so I just asked the mortgage lender to throw more money my way.

I have a bit of a tax rebate coming my way so was looking at Carcoon type protection if anyone has any reccommendations?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back