Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk discount at Top Gear exhaust, Bridport for GROUP BUY

Halcyon said:
Mine's booked in for the 6th June to have the mild / sport silencers fitted by Top Gear.
Alex quoted me a fitted price that I'm happy with :thumb:
I popped in to their premises in Bridport on Saturday and I was impressed by their set-up.
They certainly aren't a back-street garage set-up! Very professional building, nice reception area and helpful staff.
Looking forward to having it all sorted!! :D

Rob look out for the admin girl with the legs mate :grin: :grin: and a nice burger van half way down the hill from them 5 mins walk they also have nice baps there :floor: :thumb:

Not sure how I missed this. Someone directed me to this thread on Pistonheads after I enquirer about the exhaust on there. I'd want to get a 200 cell cat and the boxes with valves for my 996.2 C4. My car has a standard fitment PSE (now rotten) so I'm hoping the switch from that can be sued rather than the aftermarket fob for the exhaust valves. Anyone know?

M444TTB said:
Not sure how I missed this. Someone directed me to this thread on Pistonheads after I enquirer about the exhaust on there. I'd want to get a 200 cell cat and the boxes with valves for my 996.2 C4. My car has a standard fitment PSE (now rotten) so I'm hoping the switch from that can be sued rather than the aftermarket fob for the exhaust valves. Anyone know?

Hi there. We'll have stock of the valved silencers and standard cross-over cats within the next 30 days or so, the group buy wiped us out somewhat.

The valved silencers can be used with the PSE system rather than using the fob.

TopGear Exhausts said:
M444TTB said:

Hi there. We'll have stock of the valved silencers and standard cross-over cats within the next 30 days or so, the group buy wiped us out somewhat.

The valved silencers can be used with the PSE system rather than using the fob.

And you would love to extend the group buy price to everyone who missed it the first time?

Great. My bonus rolls in about then and that's paying for it! How loud is the valved exhaust compared to Porsche's own? I'd quite like a little louder in the open mode! I'm guessing when coupled with the 200cell cats it'll be a little louder regardless

Edit to add: what's the difference between the X-pipe and the standard crossover version of the 200cell cats? It sounds like the X-pipe may be louder and/or sound different and have some extra potential with a remap (something I won't get I don't think).

Phil 997 said:
Rob look out for the admin girl with the legs mate :grin: :grin: and a nice burger van half way down the hill from them 5 mins walk they also have nice baps there :floor: :thumb:

Is that Henry in reception?! :floor:
I do like a nice bap, so I'll stop in on my way into town :thumb:

Halcyon said:
Phil 997 said:

Is that Henry in reception?! :floor:
I do like a nice bap, so I'll stop in on my way into town :thumb:

:floor: :floor: :grin: :thumb:

I'm needing to get an exhaust sorted for my car, I currently have the gundo hack on standard boxes and I think it sounds superb, boxes are on there way out though.

I don't want the car to be to noisey so I was wondering if anyone would comment on how loud the mild sport boxes and maybe 200 cell cats are over a gundo hack standard set up.

Drew1209 said:
I'm needing to get an exhaust sorted for my car, I currently have the gundo hack on standard boxes and I think it sounds superb, boxes are on there way out though.

I don't want the car to be to noisey so I was wondering if anyone would comment on how loud the mild sport boxes and maybe 200 cell cats are over a gundo hack standard set up.

I would suggest to you the sports boxes for topgear are similar in volume to the gundo but have a more subtle tone to them . so if you want to recreate the volume of a gundo then just go with the sport boxes . the 200cell cats will inc the volume a bit more Imo not anti social loud . the 200 cell cats will give you a bigger BHP gain than just doing the sports boxes .though you will feel gains just doing the sports boxes as they are lighter and more free flowing than the OE :thumb:

Magic thanks for the info, regarding the 200 cell cats, what increase in bhp are we talking wouldn it be noticeably different to the point it's worth a little extra sound.

Mild sport sounds the way to go and hopefully should flow a bit better than standard and should be an improvement over what I have.

That's quite a gain for an NA car, do the rear boxes give an increase also or is this more for noise & less weight.

I'm now thinking it could be worth while doing the lot and see how it goes regarding noise.

I've gone from PSE boxes (which are the same as Gundo hacked boxes when the valves are open) to TG mild sports boxes and 200 cell cats.

The difference is night and day. The OEM PSE boxes had a much more refined sound to them, particularly at low revs. The TG set up is significantly louder from inside the cabin at lower revs, but the thing that really sells the TG set up to me is that at 3000RPM+ with your foot to the floor, the sound is just brilliant. It sounds like a LeMans protoype. Totally awesome. I'm not sure I've noticed the extra power, but I've certainly noticed the reduced weight. The new sound is so addictive, I'm finding myself just going for drives so I can hear it again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back