Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Velvet red C4 - newbie with questions

If your pads slide in and out ok then all's well.
Plate lift will close the gap and make the pads jam on the plates and very difficult to slide in or out.
If you have plate lift the hardest part is removing the retaining screws, once they're out remove plates, sand back corrosion and sand plates and fit with new screws.
As far as upgrading brakes is concerned, big reds are nice to have but to be honest complete overkill unless you're planning serious track time.
993 calipers are a bit bigger for the front which is a good upgrade, if your car is a C2 then the 4 piston C4 rears is a worth while upgrade (also fitted to the 944 and 928 S4) these rear calipers provide slightly less clamping force than the smaller C2 calipers but have much larger pads (same pads as the 964 fronts) which makes them much more fade resistant.

RH964 said:
Just thinking aloud, has anyone here used Precision Porsche for bodywork?

If so, any good?

Did a great job on my 993 rear screen surround.

gunner said:
RH964 said:
Just thinking aloud, has anyone here used Precision Porsche for bodywork?

If so, any good?

Did a great job on my 993 rear screen surround.

Thanks, Gunner.

Car is in at Mid Sussex Porsche today for an MOT (though they outsource that so waste of time really). While in I asked them who they'd recommend. The nice chap in the service centre said Impact, they're part of Precision Porsche. He also mentioned SL Restorations in Crawley.

I had a quick look on their site and all looks good. I'll pop in and see them at some point.

Also, G pipe going on nest weekend.

Thanks again, chrisbchips. A true gentleman!

Richard

Thanks Stephenjk - apologies for the delay, completely missed your post. It sure I got the email alert. Hmmm.
Thankfully the car already has remote central locking via the alarm.

G pipe fitted at the weekend. Sounds great! Such an improvement over the factory sound. Have been using the car for the station run all week - partly due to wanting to drive the thing and partly so I can hear the exhaust in the station multi story car park.

Hugely impressed with the Bilstein PSS10s too. I fitted the G pipe at a friend's house down by Goodwood. A good excuse for a blast. At Billingshurst on the A272 there's a humpback bridge. I knew it was there so slowed to about 85, totally forgetting just how humpy it is. The suspension fully stretched, maybe a little air, then settled immediately upon landing. Good thing as there's a right hand bend right after the bridge that I wouldn't have made if the car pogo'd.

All good fun.

Started thinking about antiroll bars and bushes. What's the general consensus here for a road based car? It should see a few track days, but predominantly a fast road car.

Thanks in advance for all/any advice.

Richard

H&R do a good set up. Front and rear with bushes for about £400 ish.
Factory RS ones are so rare now, aftermarket is the only realistic option.
I think Design 911 sell them and I know there are discount codes on the front page of their site at the mo :thumb:

Chief said:
H&R do a good set up. Front and rear with bushes for about £400 ish.
Factory RS ones are so rare now, aftermarket is the only realistic option.
I think Design 911 sell them and I know there are discount codes on the front page of their site at the mo :thumb:

Very late reply... Thank you, Chief.

Do any of the more knowledge folks on here know whether ARBs, worn bushes, or general set up would affect higher speed feel? The car feels great until 70ish, then any cornering above this the front goes vague and slightly unnerving.

Tyre pressures will dramatically effect high speed feel. Not sure what size rim you are running but you can drop them ALOT and it will make a huge difference. I'm running 17inch rims and have 32psi in the font. 38 rear.
Give it a try. It's a cheap way of ruling out ARB's.

Champion.
Thanks, Chief. I'm also running 17's, will check this evening.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back