Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Topgear 991.1 Carrera Valved Exhaust - Just Pay Fitting

TopGear Exhausts

Good Evening,

We've recently begun to sponsor this forum as an approved trader and the feedback, support, enquiries and general goodwill we have received has been phenomenal :worship:, big thanks to all members of this great community.

This is the first in a line of topics I plan to run, inspired by the E-Commerce trend Just Pay Shipping- "Just Pay Fitting".

As well as the group buy finishing tonight, I am hoping to use the forum to secure some GoPro runs for our products. As we are based in sleepy Bridport, Dorset, its always an uphill struggle to get fine cars down to our workshop, we aren't exactly central.

A lot of the time I get great verbal feedback on our Porsche exhausts, particularly in Germany where we sell perhaps 60% of our Porsche stock to B2B customers. Unfortunately, we have yet to find a convincing means to get our distributors incentivised to get me the precious video footage we desire to help push our products and give potential customer's confidence.

In return for a willing 911 991.1 Carrera owner lending us his or her car for a few days, we will supply the following product free of charge and only charge the fitting fee-

Topgear 911 991.1 Carrera Valved Exhaust

We are willing, able and insured to recover the vehicle if the drive down to Bridport is hard to find time for.

Please PM me (Alex) if this offer is of any interest. Obviously, this offer is limited and is first come first served.

Thanks for reading.

:worship: :worship: :thumbs:

Excellent stuff Alex. May I just add, had my back boxes on now for nearly 12 months and they're still sweet as!

Quality gear off a quality company with both excellent products & customer service at the top of their agenda.

TOP GEAR - NUFF SAID!

Just watched it on another thread Alex love the crackles on overrun , would be good to hear Marks thoughts on his early xmas present set up. I saw that 991.1 valvetronic set up on display on the wall in your reception ,looked lovely and now I know sounds as good as it looked :thumb: :thumb:

Alex - that video (like the exhaust) is top notch! That's again for the great deal. The service from the team was fantastic!

As far as my view on this exhaust, here goes.

I've owned the car for about a 18 months, and in that time I've been hunting for the best exhaust sound I can get, I've had several exhausts on this car and here is how they compare.

Standard 3.4 exhaust

- quiet in normal and sports mode, no audible pops or crackles at all

Standard exhaust + H&S X-pipe (Sharkwerks close)

- a little louder than stock, lots of cracked when sports mode is engaged.
- 'unrefined" sound - alsmost like the exhaust has a whole in it
- still better than the standard exhaust

IPE Evolution Exhaust (essentially a valved x-pipe like the AWE Switchpath)

- quiet mode is essentially the same as stock
- loud mode bypasses the side mufflers, so the exhaust is effectively straight through - way too loud and loads of drone, not enjoyable at anything but full acceleration
- loud pops and crackles with sport mode on but they are not distinctive and more of just a 'rumble" unless you are behind the car
- not impressed given the cost so it was removed

PSE Exhaust (now for sale @ £750 for all 3 mufflers if anyone wants it)

- quiet mode is just like the standard 3.4
- loud mode is not that loud, barely noticible crackles and pops even in sport mode with windows Down
- better than IPE

Top Gear Exhaust

- quiet mode is very similar if not identical to PSE
- Loud mode is a little louder than PSE, not intrusive during normal driving and no drone at all
- Lots of distinctive crackles on overrun with sports mode engaged, more so than any other configuration.
- The best exhaust of the lot!

As an aside, I tried to video the exhaust myself this weekend using my new GoPro Hero 6. The suction mount gave way which caused the camera to dangle in front of the exhaust on the safety strap which was attached to the rear wing! Needless to say by the time I realised the camera had melted! - one expensive mistake!

Attachments

• cda76ee5_ffa5_4dcc_b041_68b9c6127e66_699.jpeg
    cda76ee5_ffa5_4dcc_b041_68b9c6127e66_699.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 4,048
Do you guys modify the internals of a 987 rear box?

Fancy getting my partners Boxster sounding better..

Dan

markz86 said:
As an aside, I tried to video the exhaust myself this weekend using my new GoPro Hero 6. The suction mount gave way which caused the camera to dangle in front of the exhaust on the safety strap which was attached to the rear wing! Needless to say by the time I realised the camera had melted! - one expensive mistake!

Buy another from Argos, then take this melted one back, just say it got hot and melted itself.

Some GoPro's (Hero4 Session) got too hot to touch so it's a well known fault.

Worked for a 'friend' of mine :oops:

:grin:

Great review Mark especially as you have tried other options as well the crackles and pops on overrun in the vid sound perfect , that gopro looks very sorry for its self but the sucker should not have failed I would be returning it on that basis :thumb: :thumb:

Daniel that is definitely something we can do. Short story is we don't typically offer it and have off-the-shelf products that might tickle your fancy.

Long story is our primary background is owning and operating the two largest exhaust custom build networks in the UK so we actually make 100+ silencers every day from a webshop that offers our dealers over 4000 variations. Interestingly enough one customer on the recent group buy wasn't happy with the 987 system we supplied so we did end up modifying it to make him happy, all ended well on that front and modifying 987 silencers is something we've therefore done very recently. PM me what your after am 100% sure we can fulfil.

markz86 said:
Alex - that video (like the exhaust) is top notch! That's again for the great deal. The service from the team was fantastic!

As far as my view on this exhaust, here goes.

I've owned the car for about a 18 months, and in that time I've been hunting for the best exhaust sound I can get, I've had several exhausts on this car and here is how they compare.

Standard 3.4 exhaust

- quiet in normal and sports mode, no audible pops or crackles at all

Standard exhaust + H&S X-pipe (Sharkwerks close)

- a little louder than stock, lots of cracked when sports mode is engaged.
- 'unrefined" sound - alsmost like the exhaust has a whole in it
- still better than the standard exhaust

IPE Evolution Exhaust (essentially a valved x-pipe like the AWE Switchpath)

- quiet mode is essentially the same as stock
- loud mode bypasses the side mufflers, so the exhaust is effectively straight through - way too loud and loads of drone, not enjoyable at anything but full acceleration
- loud pops and crackles with sport mode on but they are not distinctive and more of just a 'rumble" unless you are behind the car
- not impressed given the cost so it was removed

PSE Exhaust (now for sale @ £750 for all 3 mufflers if anyone wants it)

- quiet mode is just like the standard 3.4
- loud mode is not that loud, barely noticible crackles and pops even in sport mode with windows Down
- better than IPE

Top Gear Exhaust

- quiet mode is very similar if not identical to PSE
- Loud mode is a little louder than PSE, not intrusive during normal driving and no drone at all
- Lots of distinctive crackles on overrun with sports mode engaged, more so than any other configuration.
- The best exhaust of the lot!

Hi Mark,

Wow that is fantastic feedback and a great breakdown of the different exhausts you have tried. Sorry to hear about your fallen GoPro buddy!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back