Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Urgent help pls - stranded

Same fault happened on my 964 a few times. Rectified by a new battery (as a precaution) and a new neg lead which looked ok but had signs of corrosion given its unshielded.

I was shaking like a shitting dog being stranded when it first happened :what:

Cheap as chips to replace the lead and worth doing for preventative maintenance :thumb:

Zingari said:
I was shaking like a shitting dog being stranded when it first happened :what:

:thumb:

Somehow that is a BAD image.....

Wow !
Problem identified at 7.34pm
Problem fixed at 7.49pm
Via a forum!......with exceptional support rather than outright criticism like some other forums... :roll:

Well done Demort :thumb: You get the Medal of Honor this week !
(and a pint if he ever finds you.... :grin: )

The symptoms as described are exactly what can happen when a Porsche OE 996/997 battery spontaneously bites the dust. If the battery is over 24 months old and not aftermarket then anything else is quite likely overthinking it. I've had 3 of them do it over the years (which is in fact every Porsche OE battery I've ever owned). They really can just die for no particular reason.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back