Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bought my first Porsche - UPDATE, sold my first Porsche

Really chuffed - really stands out in blue - Nice one

You and the dealer both deserve :thumbs:

Congratulations on your first 911 it's a great feeling but how common is aqua :floor:

silvermilnec said:
Congratulations on your first 911 it's a great feeling but how common is aqua :floor:

chris I keep saying blue is the new black :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

Phil we know lol your posts aren't hard to spot it's either knob or new black or spending all our money for us :floor: but this must be a record with me it was leather and paint, this guy was a whole car :worship:

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

Phil we know lol your posts aren't hard to spot it's either knob or new black or spending all our money for us :floor: but this must be a record with me it was leather and paint, this guy was a whole car :worship:

:floor: :floor: :floor: I know , but what a car :grin: :grin:
also you forgot about AiB girls and bacon promoting :floor: :floor: not at the same time I might add, although both do involve nice baps :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

:floor: :floor: :floor: I know , but what a car :grin: :grin:
also you forgot about AiB girls and bacon promoting :floor: :floor: not at the same time I might add, although both do involve nice baps :grin: :grin:
:floor: :floor: Aqua is a lovely colour that said I saw a stunning black 991 turbo at Leeds opc I had to get out of there quick before I did something stupid!!

1 year on and I have covered 6,940 miles in that time, with 1,000 miles coming in the last month with a trip to Wales and back.

I have averaged 22mpg over the last 12 months and had very few issues, which include a coolant temperature sensor (part was £22), so nothing too serious.

The last 12 months have flown by! I'll probably keep the car at least another 2 years and consider my options.

benbuhagiar said:
bludger said:
I'm a lurker that may pull the trigger sometime but I wanted to add my greetings to Phil997 for the service he did the OP. That you have such people and such enthusiasm speaks well of this forum.

It took me 9 months to find my perfect car. At points you think it will never come along within your budget.

This forum has been a huge help in guiding me in the right direction and improving my Porsche knowledge. I haven't even picked it up yet but struggle to think how I'll ever own a better car.

It didn't come within budget, Phil will See to that :judge: :hand: :grin:

Ah I see 12 months on, Did he see to that :grin: :dont know:

benbuhagiar said:
1 year on and I have covered 6,940 miles in that time, with 1,000 miles coming in the last month with a trip to Wales and back.

A year already :eek:

Pleased that the dream has worked out well for you. :thumbs:

Happy Anniversary Ben, glad you're still enjoying the car. Looks like mine will soon be going to a new home, I've taken a deposit and just waiting for the buyer to complete - private sale.
Exhaust sold to a lovely bloke in Guildford by the way.
What's next? Watch this space but it probably won't be Porsche.........
Meanwhile, bet you can't wait for the Champions League final? Sorry mate but really don't know who I'd prefer to win, I have a soft spot for the Scousers!
Cheers, Mike.

Ben, good to see no issues in the last 12 months mate we knew it was a decent car. A respectable number of miles covered as well :thumb: :thumb:

Sadly time to bring this thread to an end.

Car was sold today for £27,000 with 80,600 miles.

Purchased for £33,000 with 66,000 miles in May 2018.

Other than routine maintenance and servicing, no real issues.

Owned the car for 2.5 years, which is the shortest period I've ever had a car. £200 depreciation per month, hard to argue with that! Generally been a cheap car to run for me.

Had so many messages with people offering £25k without viewing it, telling me my cars not worth much as it's "only" a base Carrera and the mileage is too high. 2nd person to view the car bought it and I'm sure he'll be delighted.

What next you may ask? I'm not sure...We are in the process of moving house and ended up spending far more than we expected. Good news though, I'll have a large double garage and plenty of parking space. Don't think I'll have a big budget for a sports car for at least 2-3 years. Hopefully have £10-15k for something fun though. Thinking about a BMW E92 M3 manual, but won't be buying anything until at least Summer 2021.

I'll still be hanging around on the forum and will hopefully attend local meets.

Hi

Well done. Thats a good value car whichever way you look at it.

Best of luck for the future!

Berni

Good result Ben. Great looking car. 8)

I've been there myself. Sell car to buy house with big garage for tinkering with cars, yet have no car to tinker with. :grin:
It's always worth it though. Cars will come again. Home comes first.

Good luck with your future plans. :thumb:

Thanks for sharing the selling price - its great to get a real feel for the market. Glad you had a good ownership experience too.
I've owned a couple of v8 M3s & cant speak highly enough of them - they are incredible value at the moment & significantly lower cost to maintain and tweak too. Be sure too get a BMC filter on it - it makes an amazing difference to the already incredible noise (far moreso than when i put one in my 997). the PCW 1/2 inch exhaust mod replicates the noise of the eon inconel MPE very closely too. Just typing this makes me hanker after one again - sadly no garage to accomodate that for me - good times for you! Best of luck with the house.
cheers,
james

BenB91 said:
Sadly time to bring this thread to an end.

Car was sold today for £27,000 with 80,600 miles.

Purchased for £33,000 with 66,000 miles in May 2018.

Other than routine maintenance and servicing, no real issues.

Owned the car for 2.5 years, which is the shortest period I've ever had a car. £200 depreciation per month, hard to argue with that! Generally been a cheap car to run for me.

Had so many messages with people offering £25k without viewing it, telling me my cars not worth much as it's "only" a base Carrera and the mileage is too high. 2nd person to view the car bought it and I'm sure he'll be delighted.

What next you may ask? I'm not sure...We are in the process of moving house and ended up spending far more than we expected. Good news though, I'll have a large double garage and plenty of parking space. Don't think I'll have a big budget for a sports car for at least 2-3 years. Hopefully have £10-15k for something fun though. Thinking about a BMW E92 M3 manual, but won't be buying anything until at least Summer 2021.

I'll still be hanging around on the forum and will hopefully attend local meets.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theitalian06
Back