Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo values?

one reason the 997.2 turbos are more money as there is so few around

robbiej said:

Is it not more the fact that they are just newer!? Is there much of a £gap£ between a 997.1 manual Turbo and a PDK/Manual .2 with everything else being equal?

Would be interesting if someone could post the amount of 993/6/7 Turbos sold in the UK if the information is out there somewhere?

Scholester said:
robbiej said:

Is it not more the fact that they are just newer!? Is there much of a £gap£ between a 997.1 manual Turbo and a PDK/Manual .2 with everything else being equal?

Would be interesting if someone could post the amount of 993/6/7 Turbos sold in the UK if the information is out there somewhere?

Here you go....

Attachments

• porsche_turbo_numbers_134.jpg
    porsche_turbo_numbers_134.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 2,352
Scholester said:

The table above shows production numbers. I don't think you'll find figures for UK registrations.

T8 said:
Scholester said:

The table above shows production numbers. I don't think you'll find figures for UK registrations.

Yes, as per title.

Good indicator as far as rarety goes?

kozzi said:
Can I ask £55k for my GT silver 2006 997.1TT with 42400k miles manual then?
Believe it or not all of the previous owners actually serviced it!!!!

I would think it's worth that all day long. A lot of the cars out there have been there a while so they obviously have something wrong with them that means they are sticking; that isn't necessarily the price.

Someone went to see a blue one, 52000 miles usual dealer description but when he got there the interior was a disaster and there were other things with the car (I can't remember what off the top of my head) and he wasn't allowed to drive it!!!!!!!!

Good cars will sell end of. I'm about to put mine on AT so I'll let you know how i get on. I'm lucky in that I don't have to sell so can be picky about what I accept.

Goldstar said:
kozzi said:
Can I ask £55k for my GT silver 2006 997.1TT with 42400k miles manual then?
Believe it or not all of the previous owners actually serviced it!!!!

I would think it's worth that all day long. A lot of the cars out there have been there a while so they obviously have something wrong with them that means they are sticking; that isn't necessarily the price.

Someone went to see a blue one, 52000 miles usual dealer description but when he got there the interior was a disaster and there were other things with the car (I can't remember what off the top of my head) and he wasn't allowed to drive it!!!!!!!!

Good cars will sell end of. I'm about to put mine on AT so I'll let you know how i get on. I'm lucky in that I don't have to sell so can be picky about what I accept.

I am debating selling mine too at the moment due to an imminent house move. Is Autotrader not full of time wasting shisters or have things changed? I would probably just pop mine on here and PH if I do decide to sell.

jotaking said:
Scholester said:
robbiej said:

Here you go....

That is interesting. I guess there is no information regarding transmission type percentages sold?

Scholester said:
jotaking said:
Scholester said:
robbiej said:

Here you go....

That is interesting. I guess there is no information regarding transmission type percentages sold?

Nope, but I'd guess it was about 30% manual v 70% Tip for Gen1 cars. Obviously Gen2 manuals are almost as rare as hens teeth which is a key reason why Gen1 manuals command such a premium over Tip's.

Interstingly (unless im missing something!) there were fewer 997.2 Turbos than any other model? This is why I dont understand the reasoning they wont rocket, as they are in fact the rarist model?
Id say a 997.2 is different enough to be a stand alone model and seperate to the 997.1 turbo?

On another note someone commented cars that stick ALWAYS have a problem, never a truer word spoken :thumb:

Re: Herman Riveria blue mentioned earlier in the thread, hes mint condition, very low miles, been in a collection etc etc. Heres the BUT and why he hasnt sold hes only had 3 services in 12 years :? bemused.com but hey ho, thats something that you can never get back obviously, what percentage realistically would we deduct for an incomplete service history??? The mileage all checks out, but an 07 car serviced 2009/2013/2017. May as well make a stupid offer :?:

spongebob squarepants said:
Interstingly (unless im missing something!) there were fewer 997.2 Turbos than any other model? This is why I dont understand the reasoning they wont rocket, as they are in fact the rarist model?
Id say a 997.2 is different enough to be a stand alone model and seperate to the 997.1 turbo?

On another note someone commented cars that stick ALWAYS have a problem, never a truer word spoken :thumb:

Re: Herman Riveria blue mentioned earlier in the thread, hes mint condition, very low miles, been in a collection etc etc. Heres the BUT and why he hasnt sold hes only had 3 services in 12 years :? bemused.com but hey ho, thats something that you can never get back obviously, what percentage realistically would we deduct for an incomplete service history??? The mileage all checks out, but an 07 car serviced 2009/2013/2017. May as well make a stupid offer :?:

Servicing is the biggest issue I find with the majority of used Porsche no matter what model! Seems consistent with the brand!
Cars not serviced when they should or when they are by unrecognised back street mot stations! Can't understand it! :dont know:
I know there not cheap cars to own or run, but there not horrendously expensive either and if you buy a Porsche surely you've considered running costs??
The car I looked at Thursday was a 2007 car, serviced once in 09, again in 2010, then only a further minor service in 2016 yet he had genuinely convinced himself it had full service history! He got really uptight when I decided against it due to the lack of history and even tried arguing it had been done ahead of schedule as he had only done 10k between 2010 and 2016! :frustrated:
I know this is a contentious subject, but to me personallly even 2 year intervals is not enough....on a high performance at like a 997 Turbo I feel it should be serviced yearly. Unfortunately you have to be realistic knowing that will never happen and cars that have are the holly grail!
He will find out the hard way when he puts it on Autotrader that everyone says the same!
It seems when looking at the market there's too many differences with spec, cond, age et. to accurately gauge values based on other cars advertised, and even more tricky when you realise half the cars advertised are not as they are described!
Feel free to flame my negatativity, and I was one of the ones a little while back argueing against the neigh sayers but since looking this year I have definitely noticed at least a plateau of prices. Not just Porsche, but prestige cars in general. I have seen a handful of dealers all dramatically reduce prices and by thousands not hundreds! Sign of the next year or so I'm not sure....I'm certainly no expert but when dealers slash prices and even comment on a slight downturn in market conditions you have to wonder.

i saw a perfect looking car, 09 first 997.2 turbo with every S option but it had only had one service, yes only 15K miles on the clock but the gap was way to far... the tyres were old and no test drive as it had been cleaned....

likely stored inside but how would I have known any issues, the dealer attitude was not what I would have like if I had issues either...

some dealers treat them like art objects not cars, great if you don't drive them much, like is to short to just look at them and not use them

robbiej said:
i saw a perfect looking car, 09 first 997.2 turbo with every S option but it had only had one service, yes only 15K miles on the clock but the gap was way to far... the tyres were old and no test drive as it had been cleaned....

likely stored inside but how would I have known any issues, the dealer attitude was not what I would have like if I had issues either...

some dealers treat them like art objects not cars, great if you don't drive them much, like is to short to just look at them and not use them

Do car collectors with huge showrooms service the cars every year/ as schedule to retain the value or do other collectors accept the fact that because they have just sat there as objet d'art? I guess once a car is removed from a collection then it just becomes a car that has not been serviced enough - if that is the case?

What of museum pieces - are they serviced even if the engine is run for twenty minutes a month?

IMHO, The 997 Turbo S is the obvious car which will appreciate to levels seen for the 993 Turbo ....

A better car in every way , less produced ... less imported to UK ( by extrapolated guesstimate)
Better looking by far .......

The 997.1 manual will be valued for the mezger engine and manual box for those who like manual ( I still stand by my own opinion that nobody could tell the difference between the Mezger or DFA engine ....apart from what hype they read and repeat .....)
High production numbers might limit th3 potential rise ..
I'd have one in a minute, gen 1.5 would be my choice though ...

911TEL said:
The 997.1 manual will be valued for the mezger engine and manual box for those who like manual ( I still stand by my own opinion that nobody could tell the difference between the Mezger or DFA engine ....apart from what hype they read and repeat .....)

Mezger has an unmistakable sound at idle where the DFI unit doesn't.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back