Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 steering wheel in Midnight Blue for sale

BenC

so a while back I had my steering wheel covered by Jack at Royal Steering Wheels. I had it one layer of leather thicker that standard - looks completely factory just a touch thicker.

I've used the car embarrassingly little over the last year having move house several times in recent years, but now finally settled I'm back in the 993 and loving it.
ages ago I bought another spare wheel and eventually had that covered by Jack again even thicker this time. (couldn't bring myself to do anything to the freshly covered original)
I finally fitted it yesterday :) so the original wheel is for sale:

Midnight Blue
original 993 wheel
mint condition
including airbag

pics attached. the airbag is just placed on top for the pic

£450 - either collection from SL7 or happy to post at cost.
Please do let me know if the price is completely off for a recently re-covered mint wheel.

Attachments

• img_4544_357.jpg
    img_4544_357.jpg
    634.5 KB · Views: 6,105
  • img_4545_106.jpg
    img_4545_106.jpg
    755.9 KB · Views: 6,105
Ben, nice wheel and about to have mine done by Jack...

So what do you think about the leather thickness?, which do you prefer?.

Cheers
Trev

Jonttt has a part blue interior and might be up for it :thumb:

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Ben, nice wheel and about to have mine done by Jack...

So what do you think about the leather thickness?, which do you prefer?.

Cheers
Trev

Hi Trev,
I've been out in the car all morning and I think I prefer the latest version thickness, but time will tell!

Zingari - thanks for the tip. thought Jonttt was trying to calm down the blue in his car, but will drop him a message :)

I'm sure I have a black 993 wheel somewhere - must list that as well as it's no good to me sat in a cupboard!

I think roughly £250

forgot to say that you have to post it there and back.
Royal isn't too far from me so I dropped it off and then collected.

weekend bump....

is this of interest to anyone? before I forget about it and it goes in a cupboard somewhere!

no interest to anyone??

too expensive? odd colour??!

sensible offers.....

bank holiday weekend price drop to £400..... :)

I don't understand why there's no interest in this after nearly nine hundred views

I know you'd struggle to buy a decent midnight blue steering wheel, with good condition airbag and then have in professional recovered for this money. it certainly cost me more money :)

BenC said:
I don't understand why there's no interest in this after nearly nine hundred views

I know you'd struggle to buy a decent midnight blue steering wheel, with good condition airbag and then have in professional recovered for this money. it certainly cost me more money :)

Blue in a 993 has always been a tough sell which is why it's taking a while IMO.

A lot of 993 owners swap the 4 Spoke out for the 996 3 Spoke Wheel and typically with any German manufactured car from this era, the interior colours tend to be a little OTT (too much of one colour)... hence opting for a Black Wheel to break the colour up.

My advice would be to list it on ebay with a well written advert and lots of pics. List it as an auction as this is the only way it will find its true value.

HTH.

C.

thanks for your thoughts on this.
I think you are right - although as is the way with these things when you are looking for something yourself they seem to have gone up in rarety and value yet when you come to sell something there is little to no interest!!

when I get a chance I'll take a load more photos and list it on ebay.

thanks again
Ben

Anytime Ben and fingers crossed you get a good price for a good wheel. :thumb:

GLWS.

C.

Hi Ben, I would have been interested in the wheel alone to be honest as my wheel needs a refurb and this would have been an ideal replacement however I don't need the airbag.

Trev

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back