Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo values?

BChivs said:
said he fidnt ferl it needed it as he only done 10k in 8 years

Amazing how some people think like that. I had exactly the same when I was looking to buy a Ducati. They need their belts changed every 2 years or 12k miles (if i remember rightly). I found one, bloke said it had only done 3k since belt change. Great. Turned up, transpired that bike had only done 3k over last 8 years and so should have had 4 belt changes in that time. Bloke happily fired her up and revved her etc. I was just waiting for the belts to snap.

Ishay said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Perhaps im missing something with this car but looks good value for an OPC https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-turbo-997/porsche-911-turbo/8559220

Falls outside my mileage peramiters obviously :grin:

It's looking like £80k to buy at your milage entry point :eek:

That's this OPC car on just 35k and nearly £20k in change

Final point deleted - repeat point - each to their own :)

74,995 actually for the Riviera car :grin: The problem with all these low milers is the SH or lack of it, they all seem to have been owned by idiots who dont think they have to be serviced when they dont do many miles :dont know:
:nooo:
There is method in my low miles madness, I have only ever bought low or very low miles cars (porsche) and I have always turned a profit or at least not lost on sale which man maths=more money for a better one next time

:thumb:

Despite claims to the contary show me anyone on the forum who hasnt bailed at some point, despite buying a car for life...

Errr I joined this forum, I knew exactly what I wanted.... then I didn't :pc:

The budget grew, egged on by certain forum members, at purchase day we ended almost £30k 'over budget' but very very happy :)

I won't get into the 996 is an ugly duckling debate, I like both 996 and 997 but prefer 997's :hand:

However what is the car actually worth debate, advertised price is more or less what you pay minus a modest discount, in my head I'm Richard Rawlins cutting the asking price by 90% - let it rip potatoe chip :floor:
In reality the percentage is modest and someone posted back to me this advice 'you can't expect to get a discount more a salesmen's monthly salary' I think that is a good yardstick, Dealers have to live and eat too
Of course there are lots of 'outliers' so please don't bombard me with 'what about ' yes I know.

When I made a purchase I needed a discount to cover the warranty dance with the OPC and a little more, I got that and I was happy, so in my head I was all square. When I look at the cars that are similar spec right now and 5 months on I smile because yes I paid top dollar but not too much :)

I hope :floor:

Can I ask £55k for my GT silver 2006 997.1TT with 42400k miles manual then?
Believe it or not all of the previous owners actually serviced it!!!!

kozzi said:

You can ask what you like. :floor:

Seriously, I'd say yes. There's only 4 manual cars on AutoTrader currently under £60k. All 4 are c£55k, all have done more miles than yours. The good history will count for a lot.

T8 said:
kozzi said:

Seriously, I'd say yes. There's only 4 manual cars on AutoTrader currently under £60k. All 4 are c£55k, all have done more miles than yours. The good history will count for a lot.

Watch out for it coming on at the start June then! About time it went as don't use it as have my black one out most of the time.

kozzi said:
T8 said:
kozzi said:

Watch out for it coming on at the start June then! About time it went as don't use it as have my black one out most of the time.

Without those mega miles I'd be seriously interested :grin: I was really interested in Herman Riviera, however once I mentioned the service history, the dealers quieter than a church mouse :dont know:

T8 said:
kozzi said:

Beat me too it.... :D
Even with a 'discount' depending on how much interest you get I can't see why you wouldn't ask for that and agree to pay for a 111 Check & 1 year Warranty - £1100 and point out to the chap he's still almost £10k up against a similar car in at the OPC :thumb:

WHERE WILL THEY STOP

I have seen 997 turbo prices rise over the last 5 years or so.
Heres a question will they ever get near to 993 turbos values????
100k + for normal milages cars, not 10 miles from new on the clock.

I hope so anyway :worship: :worship:

Re: WHERE WILL THEY STOP

tgdesign said:
I have seen 997 turbo prices rise over the last 5 years or so.
Heres a question will they ever get near to 993 turbos values????
100k + for normal milages cars, not 10 miles from new on the clock.

I hope so anyway :worship: :worship:

We can only pray for the day, but as I said to me wife when she asked me why should I keep the Lotus ( low usage ).....
We have the space, it doesn't get in way, it's lovely to drive when we do get the chance, and it's value is going up slightly ahead of its running cost ( just ) so why would I sell....
:bandit:

tgdesign said:
..... Heres a question will they ever get near to 993 turbos values????
100k + for normal milages cars ...........

Purely due to the fact that so many were produced they'll never match 993 Turbo values. At some time in the future low mileage but used examples might be worth £100k but when that happens a 993 Turbo will probably be £200k. :wink:

rabbitstew said:
BChivs said:
said he fidnt ferl it needed it as he only done 10k in 8 years

Amazing how some people think like that. I had exactly the same when I was looking to buy a Ducati. They need their belts changed every 2 years or 12k miles (if i remember rightly). I found one, bloke said it had only done 3k since belt change. Great. Turned up, transpired that bike had only done 3k over last 8 years and so should have had 4 belt changes in that time. Bloke happily fired her up and revved her etc. I was just waiting for the belts to snap.

Bloke messaged me this morning and completely lost his shizz when I said it's not for me as it's not been serviced correctly! :dont know:
He's genuinely blind to it!
Suppose he will find out the hard way when he advertises on the open market and every interested party tells him the same!

T8 said:
tgdesign said:
..... Heres a question will they ever get near to 993 turbos values????
100k + for normal milages cars ...........

Purely due to the fact that so many were produced they'll never match 993 Turbo values. At some time in the future low mileage but used examples might be worth £100k but when that happens a 993 Turbo will probably be £200k. :wink:

Spot-on Terry. Simply too many of them to reach the sort of values that 993 Turbo cars have reached.

Just an additional point that is worth considering, someone said to me about 4 months ago that Porsche sales crashed in 2008/09, I researched this today they actually dropped by 25% over this period !
So while it's nothing like the volumes vs 993 I accept that, but it true that the availability of 997's is less than would expect....
Sadly the excellent 'how many left' website doesn't offer the actual data for Porsche UK cars but in the case of my Lotus it does and there is established statistical relationship between my particular car availability and values :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back