Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Suspension Parts. Dansk or original.

Mike_993

Just in process of Koni FSD installation and checking other parts as we go. I have seen that you can purchase Dansk front and rear wishbones and even top mounts inevitably a lot cheaper than original.

I would be interested to know if anyone has fitted these parts and if any thoughts on quality etc.

I would like to keep as original as possible however the cost saving is attractive?

Thanks in advance for any observations.

Mike

For wishbones I`d get the refurbished ones from Hartech. I fitted them on my 964 and were perfect.

I had to replace a control arm on the 993 and ordered a refurbished unit from Hartech but received an RS bushed unit instead of standard. In the end I sent that back to Hartech and ordered a Dansk unit for around £175 from an online supplier and haven`t had any issues with it.

Order new bushes for the wishbones or bushes with stiffer rubber if you want to reduce the compliance and get your local Indy to fit them it's not a difficult job.
Edited to say get original bushes or aftermarket upgraded unless you can verify the manufacturer, Febi, Meyle etc make quality aftermarket products but there's a lot of rubbish out there.
OE bushes won't cost too much and they'll just press into your original arms, cheaper than buying new wishbones, the wishbones themselves don't wear just the bushes fitted to them.

I had similar dilemma to yours and went down the OE route... all my rear arms have now been replaced with new and I got the refurbed A-arms from Hartech which look very good and have a new balljoint.

Full rear cage is sat on my workbench as we speak :)

You can replace the bushes in the front wishbone quite easily however.

Some on here have gone Dansk so you may get some feedback.

Trev

Thank you for all replies. Car now back and wishbones checked and deemed to be ok. I will change them in due course as a precaution possibly going down the Hartech route or Dansk as am sure they are same as the original. So just installed were FSD shocks, MO33 springs, new rear top mounts, front drop links, all arb bushes and one of the rear toe link both sides. It's a little lower and gather it will settle. Only driven it back for a few miles so difficult to gauge the difference before and after, had to be done as one original front shock (Boge)leaking badly and would have failed mot. CV gaiters and service also done.

Next job is to cure some pesky oil drips which are only noticeable when stopped and a bit of smoke comes from near side arch.

Mike_993 said:
Thank you for all replies. Car now back and wishbones checked and deemed to be ok. I will change them in due course as a precaution possibly going down the Hartech route or Dansk as am sure they are same as the original. So just installed were FSD shocks, MO33 springs, new rear top mounts, front drop links, all arb bushes and one of the rear toe link both sides. It's a little lower and gather it will settle. Only driven it back for a few miles so difficult to gauge the difference before and after, had to be done as one original front shock (Boge)leaking badly and would have failed mot. CV gaiters and service also done.

Next job is to cure some pesky oil drips which are only noticeable when stopped and a bit of smoke comes from near side arch.

From my experience, the FSDs with new springs take around 3K miles to settle in. IMHO don't do anything to your wishbones until you feel vibration through the steering (wheel shakes/vibrates slightly left to right) on a smooth road at around 55mph. If the wheels not doing that they should be fine. :)

wozy said:
Mike_993 said:

From my experience, the FSDs with new springs take around 3K miles to settle in. IMHO don't do anything to your wishbones until you feel vibration through the steering (wheel shakes/vibrates slightly left to right) on a smooth road at around 55mph. If the wheels not doing that they should be fine. :)

Great advice, thank you. There is no vibration but I will check now you have mentioned it.

wozy said:
Mike_993 said:

Great advice, thank you. There is no vibration but I will check now you have mentioned it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back