Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dodgy PSE actuator success story! DIY for the win!

I let my mate do it, read online that it's easy to brake the actuators working on them.

We had a look at removing the actuator that needing welding but we felt we risked making things worse as it's mounting bolts were quite rusted.

John at Tower said he uses the tool they use to remove door cards. We prised it off gently with a screwdriver.

It felt so strongly jammed at first, we feared the problem was within the exhaust tube. Felt so solid, we panicked it could be the butterfly valve.

WD40 and plenty of it.

For the record - This was worth doing despite the fault, the PSE is actually louder than it ever was in my ownership. Turns out the PSE wasn't fully opening when activated.

Happy days, I reckon there's a fair few people out there running their PSE without it working completely.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Matee from TopGear never got back to me.

Sorry about that Marty. I blame the pneumonia and an utter lack of delegation on my part :dont know:

Glad you've managed to sort the problem out and thank you for reaching out nevertheless.

Thanks, Alex. Thanks for your email once again, sorry to hear you've been unwell!

If I do decide to go louder, I will drop you a line.

You've changed ya tune! I thought you were a strictly OEM man! :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back