Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sticky s**t Remover

Another vote for White Spirit, I have used it on lots of cars and it really shifts tar etc. It won't damage the paint either.

Mike

If tardis didn't touch it then god knows what will!

Tardis melted the (non-original) paint on my daily bangers front bumper it's that strong.

Try some brake cleaner. You can get it in aerosols for smaller amounts or 5lt tins for trade.
Halfords will have it. Spray it on and wipe it straight off. Gradually repeat leaving it a bit longer at a time if necessary.

Only use this on factory finished paint though or you could end up like I did with my front bumper.

If that doesn't shift it I'd visit a detailer. :thumb:

Just buy a new one, the time and effort saved will be worth it alone :dont know:

(when I say new, I mean a good 2nd hand one on eBay)

:grin:

Another vote for petrol. Failing that, soak some fine grit emery paper with petrol or Brasso which is a little bit more aggressive than T cut. If that works,
polish up with Autosol

Pertol didn't work either!

Attachments

• disco_4_180.jpg
    disco_4_180.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 5,980
I had a similar problem with tree sap and dross on the roof of a customer car.It had been baked on for ages with direct sunlight. Tried all the usual products to no avail.

In desperation, I tested a small area with Tesco Eveyday Value cream cleaner (about 35p for 500ml) after first applying a good dose of hot water. It worked great but I was very careful not to use too much pressure. Washed the residue off with clean water, slapped on the polish, back to good as new!

Worth a try I think.

Cheers, Keith.

Brake fluid, used very carefully.

Brake fluid is a good paint stripper, I wouldn't use it myself.

Have you tried white spirit yet?

I wouldn' go anywhere near my bodywork with brake fluid.

Are we having a wager on White Spirit when the penny finally drops? :grin:

alex yates said:

You can lead a horse to water........

:wink:

If your anywhere near Fleet, GU51, I have some Percholorethlyne, the commonly used dry cleaning and metal de-greasing solvent. If that don't move it I doubt any solvent will.
btw. PlusGas has a fair percentage of Perc in it. Might be worth a try :?:

Failing that White Spirit they dry cleaned with that before Perc but stopped after all the fires!

pzero said:
alex yates said:

White spirit is on the shopping list this weekend...I'll report back.

Not sure if a horse and/or water will shift it?

It could be horse s**t though?

jotaking said:
pzero said:
alex yates said:

White spirit is on the shopping list this weekend...I'll report back.

Not sure if a horse and/or water will shift it?

It could be horse s**t though?

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back