Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance Tripled - Who Are You With

Adrian Flux has been good for me put me with ageas giving European cover £440 but you need to speak to them and Taylor your cover to suit your requiments

No longer have it insured, but I used General Accident for my 996T and it was very reasonable - about £350 per year, as I recall

A-Plan matched my best price and had better cover overall, they mirrored my no claims from other vans/cars too.

Cost around £900? (I'm 28)

£560 with First Alternative including the Merc including breakdown/recovery and some other things I can't remember! Excess is about £250.

I just moved from AIB back to Admiral, 350 quid inc exhaust mod. Dunno why but nono of the mainstream would cover me a couple of years ago with the mod declared, now they are cheaper, 100 quid excess too

brownspeed said:
Admiral multicar. very competitive* for the fleet currently numbering 5 with my son (well- *this year at least, If they extort me at renewal I'll bin `em off)

Yep, same here: £320 for my 911 and her RAV4. That's full no claims, no points etc., in our fifties, living in Hampshire. And if you go through Topcashback you get a further £40 ish off too (if you're a new customer to Admiral). We are named drivers on each other's car.

multi car from footman james i pay 255 with the wife on the policy. :thumbs:

Aviva £460 all in

LV won't insure Turbos

Please note I'm very old :eek:

Hi Op

Thought I might share this as I was in a similar boat when I sold my 997 recently. I had fairly specific requirements (business class 1 and trackdays for the Lotus) but I'm sure they can adjust for you.

------------------------

So as an update to my thread, I phoned around quite a bit and Admiral were very cheap (£537 I think) but I didn't like the service or the ambiguities in the policy when asked (is it Porsche approved repairers etc). So, my penultimate call was A-Plan in Weybridge who came out with £900 before going with A-Plan Thatcham branch.

Policy holders- me (39 yo), 14 years NCD, no accidents or points, missus (40 yo - I'm a toyboy by 2 weeks lol), one not at fault claim, no points. Live in surrey

991.1 GTS value £88k - 8,000 Miles incl. 2,000 Business Miles, parked in Garage, business Class 1 use (better than commuting to just one place)
Grand total of £520! I then opted for an additional £42 to cover an extra 25% on top which is similar to gap Insurance

Lotus Exige S2 - 5 trackdays, business and normal use for 6,000 Miles, 23k value agreed, cost me £375

Lotus Elise S1 - same as above with LOTS of mods £350

BMW 328i - value 17k, 12,000 with 4,000 business Miles (£390) - bargain!

To say the service was excellent would be an understatement. Very knowledgeable and called back when they said they would. All good policies suitable for me AND the cars too.

I said I would pass onto the guys on here, so if you need Insurance call and ask for Christian at the Thatcham branch of A-Plan on 01635 874646 and say 'Jim with the Lotus' sent you! :thumb:

DRZ911 said:
Liverpool Victoria always worth a punt.

Saved approx 40% when compared to Admiral for my 2 cars.

Thats a good shout,

I'm currently with admiral multi-car for my Mercedes S500 and the 911. Under £1000 a year and i'm under 30.

Used to be with axa who couldn't come close to the admiral premium. They quoted me £650ish at renewal if i recall correctly.

Take the stress out of this issue and insure through Porsche Insurance Services - currently operating as Connexus Insurance Solutions.

I've used them happily for over 15 years!

They always add the 'personal' touch... :thumb:

Wow, personal in inverted commas :?:

Not 100% sure what that is but I know I've never got 'that' with any Insurance :floor:

My Insurance is due tomorrow so I thought I'd ask the 'Meerkat' and he came back with some pretty eye watering quotes!
Most expensive was £3000 and the cheapest was £800 so I'm sticking with my current policy which is through Churchill and they have been very good, especially so when I did the Dinslaken trip. Only thing I've noticed is they charge you for NCD protection and Breakdown cover which I'm going to query.
Prices do seem to have risen from last year.

As my car is modified I find that going through a broker gets me the best price. I have no loyalty to any broker I just go to the one that gives me the lowest quote for the right cover. The first year I went with A Plan, last year was AIB and for this year I have just gone with Adrian flux. I find some guys try their luck. For my renewal AIB quoted £760 which was about £20 more than what they were insuring me for the year before (£740). I called Adrian flux who quoted me £630. When I told this to AIB they said they would go down to £600. Adrian flux matched £600 so I decided to go with them. What I don't get is why AIB tried to charge an additional £160 in the first place. I guess it's worth a try on their part. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back