Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back pains - comfort seats 991.2 [Resolved, Solution inside]

k3bab

I have a 991.2 Turbo with standard electronically adjustable seats.

After about 40 mins to an hour of driving I start getting lower back pain. This is very consistent. No adjustment seems to help including lumbar support.

I have had a number of cars and currently also own a an AMG merc and don't tend to get any issues in that.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Seriously wanting to do a road trip in the P, but don't know if my back can take it.

Welcome to the club. Even my Caterham seats are more comfortable than 991.

Have a look at this article:
https://www.driving.co.uk/car-clinic/how-can-i-make-sure-i-have-found-the-perfect-driving-position/

I too suffer from lower back issues, have had a few epidurals and numerous hours of physio treatments to appease the chronic pains. I find a proper seat adjustment and sitting in the "right" position does help, especially for longer drives. My sciatic nerve always needs careful monitoring and I often stretch it out: it is tolerable though for 911 ownership - just.

Re:Seats, every 911 I've owned has had Sports Seats with the Hard Backs. I prefer these compared to the standards, they are definitely more comfortable for me.

I was messing around with the settings and have FINALLY found a position which is comfortable. The offending feature is the lumbar support which is far too aggressive on the seats. Even at around 30% percent the lumbar support starts to hurt lower back after about 30 mins.

The solution is to completely deflate the lumbar support allowing the lower back to relax without having a gestapo style interrogation device shoved into your lower back.

I can finally take longer journeys and enjoy the experience, rather than feeling sorry for myself.

k3bab said:
I was messing around with the settings and have FINALLY found a position which is comfortable. The offending feature is the lumbar support which is far too aggressive on the seats. Even at around 30% percent the lumbar support starts to hurt lower back after about 30 mins.

The solution is to completely deflate the lumbar support allowing the lower back to relax without having a gestapo style interrogation device shoved into your lower back.

I can finally take longer journeys and enjoy the experience, rather than feeling sorry for myself.

100% agree! After a couple of hours I was getting the same. The 18 way sports seat pluses in my .2 GTS were better than 14 ways in my 991.1 C4s, but I was still suffering on longer journeys. Happened across the same solution. Backed the lumbar right off and all of that tension just disappeared!

Re: Back pains - comfort seats 991.2 [Resolved, Solution ins

k3bab said:
I have a 991.2 Turbo with standard electronically adjustable seats.

After about 40 mins to an hour of driving I start getting lower back pain. This is very consistent. No adjustment seems to help including lumbar support.

I have had a number of cars and currently also own a an AMG merc and don't tend to get any issues in that.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Seriously wanting to do a road trip in the P, but don't know if my back can take it.

This is a common thing for some experience cars )) Anyway, it's a big problem if you want to go on a long trip in the car. You will actually die from the back pain and you will not enjoy the vacation.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back