Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lava GT3

Cheib

Big day for me on Sat....14 months after putting my deposit down I picked up my first GT car at the weekend. Been worth every minute of the wait and more!
Thanks to OPC Silverstone who have been brilliant to deal without throughout the process and just get the little things right every time I deal with them.

Specced as a keeper....got two track days booked up so far :thumb:

WOW that's awesome, congratulations.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

A brand new fully spec'd GT3 you say....You are a Cad and a Bounder Sir!

Oh OK....I can't keep up the pretence any longer... :hand:
What a fantastic thing to have....I hope you get much pleasure out of it....
Congratulations :thumb: Enjoy.

That looks lovely, not a comomn colour scheme but works very well.

Has Rick at Highgate House been busy again?

Thanks Gents.

Yes, not a popular colour and to be honest I wouldn't have chosen it if I hadn't seen one my OPC delivered before I specced mine. Delighted about how it's turned out and one of the advantages of getting a late build slot is being able to see other people's cars. I really wanted to go for a colour I would choose on a 'normal" 911.

Decals are indeed Rick's work, wouldn't have gone with R stripes with my original idea of black decals but think with the 'two tone" look they work very well.

Car was PPF'd by Reep Midlands who also fitted the decals and did a fantastic job.

Great setup. Really like that :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing/hearing about the track days. Enjoy...bet you've been out in it for any excuse....

Wow first the viper green 997.2 and now this that's stunnng :worship: just one question did you spray the trailer to match the car :?: :dont know:

Oh hes , that is stunning , congrats on taking delivery of that one .....nice to hear of one of 'us' getting one and not the flippers and bloggers ......

Excellent colour choice , really suits the car .....

spongebob squarepants said:
Wow first the viper green 997.2 and now this that's stunnng :worship: just one question did you spray the trailer to match the car :?: :dont know:

Trailer matches the tractor...

You can't have too many toys with internal combustion engines :thumbs:

Congratulations on your new purchase. A lovely colour (harks back a little to the 997.1 GT3 RS) and more importantly a real driver's car - a manual :thumb: :thumb: . We need more people like you in Great Britain as people like me will never afford a new GT3/RS and so rely on people like you. Despite the it's "a keeper" I am quite sure something new will come along (the electric GT3 - ?) and you will sell...... eventually :wink:

On that I wonder how many manual 991 GT3 have been specified compared to 'automatics'. I think speculation was 25% but think that may be a little optimistic. My take is people with money dont want to work any more than they do in their day job so we will be lucky to see 10%.

Anyone have any figures as yet ???

Pip
Ps anyway drive it, track it, enjoy it :thumb:

Cheib said:
spongebob squarepants said:

Trailer matches the tractor...

You can't have too many toys with internal combustion engines :thumbs:

Actually thats as nice as the GT3 :grin: :eek:

My guess is 30 to 40% of of 991.2 GT3's will be Manual in the UK...it wasn't available as an option for the first three or four months of production and take up from what I have seen is maybe 50% since then but certainly there are more PDK's that are being flipped/on the used market than Manual cars.

Guesstimate is that somewhere in the region of 300 to 350 cars

100 PDK Comfort
100 PDK CS
50 Manual Comfort
50 Manual CS
50 Touring

Absolutely love it, wow! 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member