Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Design911 Bucket Seats (GT3 Reps)

Apologies if it's already been covered, but how comfortable are these GT3 replica seats in comparison with the standard sports seats pictured?

Thinking in terms of long journeys. Thanks

Jamesx19 said:
Apologies if it's already been covered, but how comfortable are these GT3 replica seats in comparison with the standard sports seats pictured?

Thinking in terms of long journeys. Thanks

I travelled 2000 miles over 4 days and found them spot on. Part of it depends on your body frame. They are pretty snug round the hips!

The replica seats are slight narrower in comparison to the OEM ones :food:
burger.gif

:thumb:

Cheers both. 2000 miles over 4 days is a thorough test I reckon!!!

I'm fairly trim so they sound spot on.

Sundayjumper said:
HSC911 said:
On a side note, I am getting the seat belt blocks and bolts CNC machined along with the side brackets to OEM spec...so watch this space :)

I'll be interested to see those. The seatbelt mount is the one part I'm not entirely happy with in my install.

These have been made and are a perfect match,I will upload pics later this eve if not too pi$$ed due to the football result.

Need to get the final bill before pricing but I have 10 pairs and have tested them on my seat.

Happy to whatsapp pics to anyone:

0 7 948 900 911

:thumb:

PS £194.30 from Porsche :eek:

Just about to get some of these,

Just a quick check to see if any members have some second hand items for sale?

Cheers James

D911 seats

Hi All

I would really love a pair of the track bucket seat (spider) D911 seats (Code:999700705) but looking at the seat base width measurement there seems to be only 13-14 inches between the bolsters which seems crazy narrow. Im no porker but my fear is that I would end up perched on top of them. Can anyone offer any insight re the width of these seats and how they fit? Thanks very much chaps

Hi,

I don't own a pair but....

I went to Design 911 place in Essex and they kindly let me sit in a seat. I am 5'11" and a slim frame. Weight around 12 stone. The seat was too tight for me, wearing jeans. Could have maybe got away with it for short periods on a track but not for everyday use.

Hope that helps, others may have a different view.

Not sure if D911 might be able to offer a larger seat, I didn't ask

Cheers

All sounded great until these last few posts, anyone else got them?

I'm 6foot, weigh between 68-70kg and generally wear size 30" jeans (yep, cycling is good) anyone else similar size with these?

Sometimes 32" in fairness, struggling to hit 68kg this season for some reason!

My mate has now put the fear of god into me saying these can't be guaranteed in an accident :nooo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back