Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Epic Porsche adventure takes another turn!

Exelzion

Trainee
Hi guys, just thought id share my story.

I first started out with a 98 Porsche boxster back in 2002.
Loved it so much and was actually pucking a punch back then!

spiler2.jpg

I then got myself a BMW M3 e46 cab.
it was an absolute power house, going from 204bhp to 320 bhp was a massive jump.
I adored it! but then, i decided 911 is now the right time.

mypic2.jpg

I sold my m3 and got myself a 911 1998 with new engine from john oakley.
It was incredible and i only now appreciate how amazing the driving experince actually was.
Cut a long story short, i had to sell it because i wanted something newer.
Oh the GT3 badge was on when i bought it, removed it the same day!!!!

Bbrez_BQBWk_KGr_Hq_EOKi_EEq4_GJ0fw_BK_KZFLFg_Q_3.jpg

Then.. my real power house arrived.

IMG_0202.jpg

Then i had it wrapped to super car standards!
Insane headturner, and Police stop machine. :)
Oh the tickets!!!

IMG_0079.jpg

Now ive sold the 997 carrera S because I devolved scoring and the ticking noise was unbearable and losing lots of oil.

:floor:

in the end had to sell it for 13k to a guy called Tim Shaw from 5th Gear i think he said at the time and they were going to do a full rebuild as part of the show. So his daughter arrived and she had an ipad to video com live with him around the car as he was in LA.
Really nice guy and easiest sale ever, sold it in about 30mins from listing it and wired me 3k deposit same day.
So that went.. and i was at a stage where i never had a 911 because i moved very rural and instead bought a few landrovers.
Now.. im back in the hunt, found one for sale near me, hopefully picking it up Tuesday. Jet black C4 CAB. I can't wait. never been this excited for a car before.

I will post pics when i pick her up. Oh the joy with the summer coming!!!!!!

:thumb:

Congrats on not being cured of 911-disease! :D :thumb:

Interesting comments about that blue. I've been looking at a car in exactly the same colour; might give it a miss, now!

nice story mate, enjoy the new one :thumb: :thumb:

Ha Ha, you are haunting me! Aside from the wheels, that's my m3 and aside from the gt3 badge that's my 996 or is it black rather than Ocean, it's a bit difficult to tell, the plate is on a newish golf now!
Liking the blueness Of The 997 wrap, but I do have a bit of a blue penchant going on..

Thanks guys ! :)

and asterix_the_gaul, The guy that bought my M3 changed the wheels actually lol back to the diomond cut he said, so could be! if its the same car, your lucky lol its an absolute belta!!
If it is the same car, let me know if you want to sell it again, if you ever do.

Yea the 996 was black.

Yes the blue weap cost me £700 lol it was a bargian. It was there first wrap.

But when i removed the wrapping to sell it, some paint came off the hood and had to have it repainted. Just a thing to bare in mind when removing wrapping,too much heat is worse than too little haha

edit//

Just checked and your is
2002 E46 M3 Cabriolet, Laguna seca blue/LSB

Mine was
2001 E46 M3 Cabriolet, Laguna seca blue/LSB

hehe

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member